Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search
swiss replica watches replica watches uk Replica Rolex DateJust Watches

Thain  by Lindelea

Author's Notes

Chapter 17:
Edited to reflect the fact that of course they would not yet be assuming that Berenarth's son was the only surivor in the line of succession. People were fleeing from Angmar both to the north and the south of the Lake, and the King's other sons were not yet accounted for.

Chapter 22:
Paladin getting on Mistress Lalia's "wrong side", and also the incident where Ferumbras nearly married, is elucidated in "Pearl of Great Price", also here on SoA. http://www.storiesofarda.com/chapterlistview.asp?SID=1060

Note to the Reader, 3/21/05:
Thank you for your patience. This story was completely outlined and written in draft, for the most part. There were a few chapters needing to be written, but they were all "middle" or "connecting" chapters, not too difficult a task. The final chapters and all the most important middle chapters were written.

Sad to say, the outline and draft chapters went missing some time ago. We have been trying to re-create the work, but it has been discouraging and arduous, going over ground that was already covered, trying to remember what had gone before. I know they say you can come up with something even better in the re-writing... I hope so.

In any event, we have hammered out the next chapter, and are trying to re-create the outline that linked the two stories together in such a delightful and intriguing way. (At least in my eyes, and those of my editor-friend.) Think good thoughts.

Chapter 25:
JRRT's description of the Lossoth is found in Appendix A. The idea that "Cirdan saw further and deeper than any other in Middle-earth" is found in Appendix B. Though it is implied that he gave his ring to Mithrandir upon the latter's arrival in Middle-earth, it is not stated outright, and so I have chosen to interpret "he welcomed Mithrandir at the Grey Havens" and the giving of the ring to mean, not necessarily as the grey wizard debarked from the ship in the first place, but a subsequent visit.

Chapter 28:
Not completely happy with this chapter, but it'll have to do until something better comes along. Still trying to recreate what was lost. Hilly is a very unpleasant fellow at this point in his life, spoilt and indulged and too clever for his own good. Like a fine wine that may be undrinkable when it goes into the bottle, he grows better with age.

Chapter 43:
"Time Before" refers to the time the Fallohides lived in Greenwood the Great, or Mirkwood, before they were led to cross the Misty Mountains, to settle on the Western side, hundreds of years before the founding of the Shire. See Shire: Beginnings for more.





<< Back

        

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List