Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Twice Twenty  by Dreamflower

Title: Slinking
Theme: Set #2, Theme #17, “Foolish people”
Genre (s): General
Pairing (s): N/A
Rating: PG
Summary: In Moria, the Company was followed…

SLINKING

Tricksy. Tricksy to come here.

They think they will be hidden here. Hidden from the nasty White Face and the Yellow Face staring down, watching all ways--yess, yes--they are hidden from the White Face and the Yellow Face but they are not hidden from us, Precious, no indeed, Precious. We sees them, sneaking, sneaking through the dark. Nasty Elf with his bright eyes and his sharp arrowses. And the Wizard, making light where there shouldn’t be any light, no, none at all, precious. And Men with big swords, swords that cut. We knows *that* Man, oh yes we does, putting nasty rope around our neckses and dragging us off to the wicked Elves. Wouldn’t we love to bash his head with a big rock when he sleeps--crush him and curse him! We could smash his face, yes we could, and put out his eyes, almost as bright as wicked Elf eyes! And the Dwarf? Dwarfses are tough meat, yes they are! No good to chew with only six teeth--we could push him, push him off and hear him clatter and clank as he falls, down and down and down, oh yes!

And hobbitses, tricksy little thieves! How we hates them--but what sweet tender meat they would be if we could get our fingers around their neckses. No riddles this time, oh no, none at all. We could squeeze them, one at a time--one, two, three!

But not the Baggins. We takes the Precious from the Baggins first, and we hold the Precious, and make the Baggins do what we wants. Maybe we make the Baggins squeeze the other hobbitses? Gollum, precious, gollum--how that would makes us laugh and laugh. Then we squeezes *him*!

But they stay together, poor Gollum, we can’t squeeze them or crush them or push them. But we follows--we won’t lose the Precious again.

Foolish people. They thinks they are safe in the dark all together.

But we are not the only thing that follows in the dark.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List