Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

My Collection of Drabbles   by Periantari

Two drabbles written in pre-Yule 2004 for Nivina:

When he closed his eyes, surrounded by fire and ashes- aware again of the presence of his truest friend - Frodo saw a bright light that shone and sang of life.**

They had made it. Together, Sam and he had fulfilled the most impossible Quest. Here at the end of all things.

Frodo laid his head back, exhausted, disregarding the fact that his whole body was painfully aching. But his mind and soul felt free, unburdened, finally freed of the weight that had tormented him for so long, with such intensity.

Feeling lighter, possessing hope to finding peace at last, he closed his eyes, oblivious to the fact that the bright light also meant rescue, and that all sad things were going to come untrue.

~~~~~
I look at the pale, exhausted, figure sitting besides me and see that it was once again the master I knew. My heart is glad and I feel relieved. If this is to be our end, I am happy to know that we completed the Quest together and besides each other.

“If only our story would be remembered by those who still live…wouldn’t it had made a good tale,” I thought wistfully.

Feelings of relief mingled with those of sadness. Twinges of homesickness of the beloved Shire, of my family, of Rosie washed over me as tears flowed freely down my face. I will never see them again.

Mr. Frodo held me in his arms till the end of our time, and before I finally gave into darkness with him hand-in-hand besides me, I thought I saw a bright light, indicating hope and promise of something good at the end…

**First Line by dear Nivina.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List