Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

My Collection of Drabbles   by Periantari

Inspired by this quote:
“He looked at her, and being a man whom pity deeply stirred, it seemed to him that her loveliness amid her grief would pierce his heart. And she looked at him and saw the grave tenderness in his eyes, and yet knew, for she was bred among men of war, that here was one whom no Rider of the Mark would outmatch in battle.” ~The Steward and the King, RotK

It had all seemed like an image out of an ethereal dream. So fair and beautiful was this young maiden whose long golden locks ran down her slender waist, with bright eyes full of sorrow, hiding sad memories of the past, yet seeking out something to fill the emptiness of her heart.

Momentarily forgetting my own grievous losses, I look at her and pity fills my heart, giving me a reason to keep on living because of my strong desire to help her. I long to learn what would lead her to be so burdened with sadness.

Intuition told me that it was not by chance I would meet this exceptionally beautiful woman. Fate had brought us together here in the fair garden of the Houses of Healing amidst the Great Shadow, amidst the great horrors of battle, beyond all hope that we could survive.

I try to make eye contact and make her see… that we are different yet one of the same, both suffering in this cruel world, brought together because of the experiences of tragedy and loss, hurting from within.

Inexplicably and unexpectedly at first sight I had already fallen helplessly in love with this beautiful stranger.

A/N--Double Drabble dedicated to mochness and Nivina.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List