Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search
swiss replica watches replica watches uk Replica Rolex DateJust Watches

My Collection of Drabbles   by Periantari

"Some emotions you cannot mask,
Some things that fill your heart with joy include those moments of reunion with loved ones long parted from you, moments that you dare not voice out loud, wishing only in your heart that it would come true, moments of carefree joy in learning that “all sad is going to come untrue.”

And there he was, back from the Quest in which most people had doubts about it ever succeeding. He had waited for so long, spending restless nights gazing out into the sky, sitting besides the fire… trying to seek some kind of solace from his regret in leaving such a horrible burden for his dear nephew… trying to make himself believe that Frodo would come back…

It had seemed like it was too much to wish for…

But now there he stood at the doorway of his bedroom chamber, smiling at him, his bright blue eyes as clear as before … His dear Frodo was back. Bilbo felt utter joy and relief as tears streamed down his cheeks. He held out his arms and as Frodo walked up to embrace him, Bilbo whispered, “I always knew you could do it.”

Frodo didn’t say anything, but just held on tightly to Bilbo, as Bilbo continued to shake in happy disbelief.

It was real. It was not a dream.

Bilbo let his emotions overwhelm him as he continued to weep upon this happy reunion. After half a year of devastating regrets, worry, and suppressed negative feelings, Bilbo finally felt peace at last.

A/N-Double Drabble without the part in italics.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List