Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

My Collection of Drabbles   by Periantari

Peace At Last

And for a moment, as he turned away from his friends, the salty sea air made him remember those dreams he had about the sea. The sea… finally he would travel upon a ship to the Undying lands by passageway of the tranquil, cerulean sea.

For only a fleeting moment, his heart felt heavy with this sorrowful parting. But his eyes remained dry because he had no more tears to cry. A sense of peace permeated his senses; a sense of belonging on the ship with the other Ring-bearers made him light-hearted and made him truly cherish the importance of this moment.

As he moved further on to the plank, he looked back at his friends whose eyes were filled with tears. He gave his dear friends a reassuring smile, a smile that could hopefully comfort them, assure them that this was the right choice for him. He was sure that they would find peace and happiness too.

The ship gently undocked from the harbor of Middle-Earth. 

Frodo was finally off to healing, to hope, to a new beginning in order to find what he could not in Middle-Earth.

It was time. The ships had come to carry him home.

A/N-Double Drabble written for Nivina's birthday in '04





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List