Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

My Collection of Drabbles   by Periantari

Smiley

Those wide, green eyes peeked up at me, almost inquisitively, and his smile already lights up the room as I set my eyes upon the first son of Paladin and Eglantine, lying there in his crib with blue, soft blankets wrapped around his small body snugly.

His little fingers gently grasped at me, curious to see this new stranger stare at him in wonder. I affectionately placed my hand upon his brown, light curls and wondered if I had been so small once before.

So this is my littlest cousin, so small yet so smiley!

Seemingly able to sense my thoughts, baby Peregrin gurgled at me, and I was quite amused at his baby sounds. My heart warmed to see such a happy baby. It seemed inexplicable, but there was something about this active, smiley little newborn that made you want to love him already … Tooks just knew how to work their charm at first glance.

“I shall look after you, my dear Took and we shall get to know one other,” I whispered to him. Little Pip just continued to smile and I knew that this young one was going to take a special place in my heart.

--
A/N-Double Drabble written for Slightlytookish on her birthday January 2007.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List