Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search
swiss replica watches replica watches uk Replica Rolex DateJust Watches

My Collection of Drabbles   by Periantari

More Beautifuller Still

“I think she is very beautiful, and is going to be beautifuller still.”
~Sam, The Grey Havens

There was just something about sleeping babies that captured Frodo’s heart in the first instance that he beheld the first newborn daughter of Sam. Tears of happiness filled his eyes for seeing the first child of his dearest friend.

Golden yellow curls, fair skin and rosy cheeks framed the innocent face of one of the most beautiful babies Frodo had ever seen. Even in sleep, you knew that she was one adorable, beautiful baby.

“She’s gorgeous, Sam.”

Sam just smiled tears of joy. “I’m flattered, Mr. Frodo; I really am lucky to be gifted with this Elvish beauty, very lucky. Pity not a son as I’m stuck with a name now, but I couldn’t be any luckier to be blessed with such a beautiful daughter… makes a father so proud.”

“Still stuck, Sam?”

“Aye, sir,” replied Sam, cheeks flushed.

Frodo thought for a long moment before replying. He was certainly inspired now since he had seen how the newborn looked like and was keen on thinking of a name for Sam’s daughter. He thought about the beautiful things he had seen in life, the ones that would be appropriate for a hobbit lass. “How about ‘Elanor’, you know the little golden flower in Lothlorien?”

“That’s just about right, sir! That sounds very right indeed,” said Sam excitedly. “I can’t wait to tell Rosie.”

“I hope she likes it,” replied Frodo as his glance went back upon the sleeping hobbit nestled in a bunch of warm blankets, smiling even in dreams.

---
A/N-Double drabble and a half written for Slightlytookish's birthday Jan. 2007





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List