Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search
swiss replica watches replica watches uk Replica Rolex DateJust Watches

My Collection of Drabbles   by Periantari

The Ships Have Come to Carry You Home

What Frodo beheld as he caught his first glimpse of Valinor were majestic green hills rolling into one another. Taking a deep breath, he was amazed at the fresh air that seemed to cleanse his soul and rid him of any worries.

"Behold Frodo, the one place that few mortals could go," said Gandalf besides him.

The ship inched closer and closer to shore. The golden sunshine was slowly setting indicating that the time was getting late yet the temperature was warm and comfortable. Frodo continued to take in the beautiful sight around him—from the lush forests north of the harbor to the white fine sands of the beach, to the magnificent Elven company that was waiting by the harbor for him, Frodo unexpectedly felt quite at ease as he took his first steps out from the Elven ship and into the Blessed Realm.

Frodo could feel Bilbo besides him also smiling with excitement and wonder. "This will be another chapter to our book, my dear lad," said Bilbo with a twinkle in his eyes.

It sure will be, thought Frodo. He felt at peace already by the serene surroundings, and indeed he felt, that he had come home.

---
A/N-Double drabble written for Nivster upon the two year anniversary of her untimely death.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List