Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

My Collection of Drabbles   by Periantari

Rethe 1436


To see my eldest daughter acquire such great honor makes me once again think about how it felt when Mr. Frodo and I were honored at Cormallen. The great lords do not need to flatter us like this! King Elessar and Queen Arwen have further solidified the bonds between the Shire and Gondorian in one more way.

I can’t help but smile and cheer loudly as the wreath of flowers are placed upon Elanor’s head of gold. She smiles humbly, blushes yet stays calm and gives a most graceful curtsy as Queen Arwen announces her, a maid of her court. In the company of so many hobbits and Gondorians, she has shown such grace.

Young Ellie, just a child, but is so mature for her age. My heart has always thought her as exceptional; not only Elvishly beautiful but also smart, quick-witted, not at all like her Da. Ellie will be a wonderful representative for the Shire-folk in the world abroad.

“You’ve allowed us to honor one Elvish beauty among hobbits, Master Samwise,” said King Elessar.

Wordlessly, I nodded; joyful tears blurred the scene as once again I understood how come my Gaffer has always thought I’ve been a softie.

---
A/N--Written for Gamgeefest's birthday August 2006.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List