Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

My Collection of Drabbles   by Periantari

The Best Medicine

Poor Frodo-lad had a nasty cold.  Primula and Drogo tried to keep him comfortable, making honey tea to ease with his cough and sore throat, providing extra soft handkerchiefs for that nasty runny nose, reading stories to him, feeding healing teas to him at proper intervals.  But there was something missing

Frodo was restless in bed.  His blankets were so scratchy, they rivaled to how his head was feeling for a headache was coming on.

“Dear heart, what’s wrong?” Primula noticed Frodo’s discomfort.

“Ma, I can’t sleep with these itchy blankets… they’re so unsoft!”

Primula frowned as Bilbo suddenly came in.  “How is my favorite nephew?”

“Bilbo!”  Frodo got excited at the sight of his favorite uncle… surely with Bilbo’s heartwarming tales and sense of humor; he wouldn’t find lying in bed so difficult.

“My dear lad, how are you feeling?”  Bilbo went besides the bed to give Frodo lad a huge embrace.

“I’m doing better…though I need to sleep now, but it’s hard with these blankets,” Frodo sniffled, grimacing as Drogo fed him another herbal tea.  Primula followed up with some warm water with a tinge of honey.

“Oh I have just the thing!”  Bilbo took out a sky blue cotton comforter and wrapped Frodo in it.

“It’s so soft…” Frodo drowsily snuggled into it, enjoying the contours, the spongy, feel of it as he felt more tired already.

“Rest easy, dear lad,” Bilbo whispered in his ears, as Primula and Drogo gazed lovingly at their peacefully sleeping son.


***Written for the November 2007 Blankie challenge at LJ Community wee!Hobbits





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List