Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

My Collection of Drabbles   by Periantari

“And now may I make a right choice, and change the evil fate of this unhappy day!” ~Aragorn, TTT book

Was the fate of the Ring-bearer clearly not in my hands anymore? The Fellowship has sundered and has failed: Boromir was dead, Merry and Pippin were captured and Frodo had departed.

With the pressure of the choice laid upon my shoulders by my remaining companions, I tried to make a decision on how to proceed. Following Frodo would’ve been easy to do but to leave his kinsmen in the horror of the orcs would be following the logic of the mind but not the heart.

But what was the original plan of the Fellowship? To follow the Ring-bearer to whatever ends no matter what? Would I be abandoning my allegiance to Frodo if I turned away from the true Quest? Pity it was to see Gandalf go so soon, into the depths of Moria where his advice is so desired at the moment. Had he been here, we would not have delayed so much.

I sat down, fastening Boromir’s gauntlets to my hands, hardening myself to a choice. Time was precious and every minute counted.

The importance of friendship and how dear Merry and Pippin had become to me ceased the internal debate at once.

The decision became crystal clear.

“We will not abandon Merry and Pippin to torment and death, not while we have strength left.”
~FotR movie

A/N-- Double drabble count does not include the movie and book quotes bookmarking the drouble...





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List