Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search
swiss replica watches replica watches uk Replica Rolex DateJust Watches

My Collection of Drabbles   by Periantari

I had thought that Frodo had died when that troll’s spear impaled into his flesh. A new layer of respect overwhelmed me when I picked up the seemingly dead hobbit—only to hear his voice say calmly “I’m all right, I’m not hurt” and I almost drop him in surprise. Again, Frodo has shown the resilience only the strongest warriors have shown.

Later, on the way to Lothlorien when I tend to Frodo’s hurts, I see grief and guilt in his blue eyes and gently acknowledge that it would progressively be harder as the road goes on but emphasize that I will be there for him. He nods at me in gratitude, but it is clear we are both hurting from the loss of our leader.

Running at the rear as we continue our way to Lothlorien, I realize that all hobbits are loyal and strong but only Frodo has a clear light in his eyes, enduring and determined. The sense of grace that Frodo carries himself with inspires and leads on his fellow kinsmen and faithful servant. Not all hobbits seem to be as special as this one and indeed, Bilbo has found one exceptional heir in Frodo Baggins.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List