Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

My Collection of Drabbles   by Periantari

Merry and Pippin always wanted to gather in the beginning of Rethe. Today would be the two-year anniversary of Boromir’s passing. Pippin had a tradition to not only write to Faramir, but had made sure they have a special spot underneath the new party tree spot to commemorate. Frodo and Sam also joined, bringing flowers.

Pippin usually led this with a solemn moment of silence while Merry spoke:

“To our dear member of the Fellowship, we remember and honor you for being a loyal companion. We miss you and will think of you always with fondness and respect.”

And Frodo, even though he would be grieved of the last meeting they had, would honor the memory of his protection throughout the Quest and chose that fact to speak of.

Sam would remember his strong defense of their group, his quick reflexes and his stories of how fiercely Gondor protected them all.

Pippin feels the loss most keenly, would remember not only his last stance to protect him and Merry, but for his valor, his pride, and his good heart underneath his stern demeanor.

“To dear Boromir, I will always honor you, and seek to serve Gondor always in your memory.”





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List