Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

New Roads and Secret Gates  by Citrine

2. The Dwarf's Conundrum

For Lindelea, who very kindly did not slap my hands for writing this:)

'You want me to do what?' Gimli growled incredulously, staring at the Wood Elf who wore a silly grin--no, a very silly grin--on his aristocratic face. 'Never! No! Not under any circumstances!'

Legolas slumped. 'Is it so terrible? After all we have meant to each other through the years, you would deny me this thing?'

Gimli spluttered, 'I forsook all I knew to follow you to the Undying Lands, is that not enough?'

The Elf's sad eyes said it was not. Gimli sighed, conquered at last. 'Oh, very well. Be quick.'

Legolas laughed happily and tied scarlet ribbons in Gimli’s beard.

************

the end ( of this, but more drabbles and ficlets to come...)

The title and first sentence of this drabble is a very (purposely and hilariously) bad story opener written by Lindelea, and found here:

(Lin, if you don't want me linking back to your livejournal, please do say so and I'll take it right down.)

http://www.livejournal.com/users/lindelea1/37947.html#cutid1

Any questions raised here regarding the depth of the relationship between a certain Elf and Dwarf are entirely my fault and all in good fun. Please do not chase me with sharp sticks;o) Thank you.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List