Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Tales of Life  by Aelaer

Prompt 43: Cloud
Ficlet: Dragons
Rating: G
Minas Tirith, Fourth Age

"Ada?"

"Hmm?"

"There's a dragon in the sky."

Aragorn blinked and looked up from the missive he was reading. "I beg your pardon?"

The young prince, who was currently looking out of the northward window, glanced at his father briefly before turning his gaze back to the window. "There is a dragon in the sky."

The king's brows furrowed. "It must be some bird, Eldarion. There are no dragons alive now."

"It is a dragon, not a bird."

Now thoroughly confused, Aragorn rose from his chair and joined his son at the window. He glanced up at the sky and, after gazing for a moment, saw neither bird nor dragon flying through the clouds. "I'm afraid I cannot see a dragon, my son."

"It's right there," Eldarion pointed to a large, lone cloud right in sight. "But it doesn't look much like a dragon anymore."

Aragorn laughed in surprise and delight, seeing now what his son saw. "It looks more like a very large fish."

"It does, ada, it does! Do you also see the ship with the man, trying to catch the fish?"

"I do not, Eldarion; your sight is keener than mine."

The young boy pointed out that shape and many others in the sky, and the missive on the king's desk was left forgotten for many long moments.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List