Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search
swiss replica watches replica watches uk Replica Rolex DateJust Watches

From The Journal of Meriadoc Brandybuck  by Grey Wonderer



It's me again and this is the disclaimer in case you'd like to skip this part and move on down to the next paragraph. That part is actually a short opening journal entry and you have probably already guessed what this paragraph says. These are not my characters and I am not making any money on any of this. Meriadoc Brandybuck and all of the other characters that appear in this journal are the creations of J.R.R. Tolkien. I am just entertaining myself by borrowing them.


Thank you for reading!

G.W. 08/31/2006






From the Journal of Meriadoc Brandybuck in
First entry (and quite possibly the only entry.)


I never thought that I should find it at all useful to keep a record of the events of my life. In point of fact, I don't know if I will find much to write about as very little of interest seems to happen to me. I have the usual adventures that most Hobbits have but they are hardly note worthy in the way that my cousin, Bilbo Baggins' adventures were. I suspect that my journal will spend a great deal of time sitting on my writing desk collecting dust. The journal was a Yule gift this year from Fredegar Bolger and it is a very handsome volume indeed. It has a brown leather cover and it is quite heavy for something that contains only blank pages. I am convinced that Fredegar's mother selected this gift because poor Freddy seemed as surprised by it when I unwrapped it as I was. It was quite comical. There we both sat looking down at it amid the wrappings as if it were some sort of strange animal, which might leap up and bite one of us. Frodo came to the rescue and announced, "What a thoughtful gift, Fredegar. I am very certain that Merry will enjoy it." So far I have enjoyed looking at it. I also enjoyed placing it on the top of my writing desk at various angles and stepping back to admire it. I do like the way it makes the desk look. From looking at the journal one might think that I spend time writing out important essays. Still I think that Frodo could have made better use of this journal. He enjoys writing and has kept a journal since long before he moved to Bag End to live with Bilbo. This is currently the only entry in my journal unless of course you consider the drawing of a fat, rather lopsided sheep who appears to be eating an apple that Pippin drew on the last page to be an entry. I keep meaning to tear that page out but for some reason I can't seem to part with it. The sheep makes me laugh and there is always the possibility that I can use the drawing to torment Pippin when he is older. Well, it is obvious that I am out of things to write about since I am reduced to describing the artwork of my younger cousin so I will end this entry here and position my journal on the desk again.

This entry recorded here by Meriadoc Brandybuck at Brandy Ball in Buckland, The Shire







        

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List