Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Neath Anor, Ithil, and Gil  by Larner

For ObsidianJ's birthday.  With thanks to RiverOtter for the beta.

Thoughts on the Heir of Isildur

 

Before

            Who is this who calls himself the heir to Isildur?  Though when I saw him first he gleamed in Elvish armor, and was garbed as a prince at the Council of Elrond; yet now he wears worn leathers and threadbare leggings and scuffed boots, his face weatherworn and wary.  What does such as he know of our struggle against the Enemy, to keep the integrity of our land?

            If he thinks that I shall follow him blindly merely due to his claims of breeding....  We of the House of Húrin are of as attested blood as he!

            We shall see.

 

After

            My brother--my captain--my King!

            There--I have done it--given my fealty at last to the heir of Isildur.  Though Isildur fell to the lure of the Ring, yet this one has proven to be of better stuff in the end--certainly better than this fallen son of Gondor.

            Go to them--see them victorious against the Enemy!   Let my people, my land, my city, know your integrity and courage and wisdom!  Let Anduril shine against the foe!

            I betrayed myself and my land--and Frodo.  You have not done so, Aragorn.  May my brother prove a worthy Steward to a worthy King.

            Hail, Elessar!





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List