Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Children of Iluvatar  by Antane

Chapter Three: Affirmation

“Do you still hold to your word, Frodo, that you will be the Ring‑bearer?”

“I do. I will go with Sam.”

Elrond looked down at Frodo, so small, so determined and marveled that there was no hesitation and the hobbit’s voice was strong and unwavering. The little one had already been through such terrors and he knew more were to come, but there was no quiver in his voice or tremble to his small frame. His light flared, then settled to its normal brightness. Though he thought no one else but his fellow Elves had seen it, the lord was surprised to see Sam’s eyes widen slightly at that moment, but the small gardener said nothing.

Sometimes the smallest are the greatest, Elrond thought, in service, love and humility. I am honored, Adar, that you have shown me these. They are wonders to behold.

So they have been shaped, though they know it not. Neither is aware of his own greatness, none of the four are, but they will show the whole world.

The journey will be very dark.

And filled with light.

And may Your glory shine through them and may they take their places among the Wise. He looked down at the two again. Oh, my brothers, I am humbled by your resolve and love. Let that be a light for you in the dark places you must travel. The Enemy will not be able to strike at you there. There are within you strengths that he will never understand. A Elbereth Gilthoniel, o menel palan‑diriel, le nallon si di‑nguruthos! A tiro hain, Fanuilos! (O Elbereth Starkindler, from heaven gazing far, to thee I cry now beneath the shadow of death! O look towards them, Everwhite!)

Elrond felt a peace within him then and he knew his prayer had been answered.

A/N:  I cannot recall at the moment exactly which website I got the prayer to Elbereth though. I have altered it just a teeny bit for this story. 





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List