Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search
swiss replica watches replica watches uk Replica Rolex DateJust Watches

Agape's Attempts  by Agape4Gondor

Ch. 6 - Not Forgotten

The sea beat boats against their berths. A winter storm, the first of the season, loomed in the distance. Great black clouds roiled across the sky, whipped by western winds. The wind felt good on his face. He could smell the salt air and hear the gulls calling their lonely cry, preparing to feast on the banquet that would be laid before them, after the storm passed.

He looked towards the horizon and thought of Westernesse. The yearning had left his heart and for that, he was grateful. Peace had settled upon the land. Those warriors who had survived the Pelennor had returned. But where was Finduilas? Where was Boromir? Where was Denethor? His family had been decimated by the War of the Ring. Had too much been given? Would surrender have been preferable to this great loss?

Elboron ran towards him, arms wide open, smile splitting the boy’s face and Imrahil smiled. ‘Nay, all would have been lost. All. I can now rejoice in this lad and in the sacrifice of my people. They will not be forgotten as we raise our goblets high. Hail, Denethor, Hail Boromir, Hail Gondor. And Hail Belfalas.’ A wave crashed over the seawall.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List