Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Agape's Attempts  by Agape4Gondor

Ch. 15 - Boromir on Feanor – A Double Drabble

“Feanor,” Boromir mumbled.

“What?” Faramir asked.

“Hmmm… Sorry. I was thinking aloud.” Silence.

“Well?”

“What?”

“Feanor! What were you thinking about Feanor?”

“You have studied the ancient myths. Do you not see?”

“Boromir!” Exasperation crept into his voice. “How am I to see when I do not know where you are looking?”

“The Ephel Dúath and beyond. Does not it strike you that, if not for Feanor, we would be looking at a snow-covered mountain, trees filling its sloping sides, rivers full of fish, good hunting grounds, blue skies above. I would that it were that way now. Never, in my lifetime, have it seen it but blackened, smoke-filled, with rivers of molten fire coursing down its sides. Aye, that is what I see. And I do not like it.”

“You blame Feanor?”

“His oath began all this. The Valar turned against men, against Númenor, because of him.”

“How can you say that? Númenor was brought low because of the pride of the king.”

“But who stoked that pride? The servant of Melkor, a Valar.”

“So - Feanor hated the Valar, turned his back on them and The Undying Lands, and the Valar turned their backs on us?”

“On Gondor!”





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List