Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Rhyselle's Library  by Rhyselle


Young Ingwion Asks a Question (a double drabble)





A/N:  Written for The Tolkien Tango Prompt #48:  CHILD

WARNING:  Do NOT eat or drink while reading.   Really!




Ingwë rested on the shore, half in and half out of the water, his eyes glazed as he dozed. The gentle surf teased his thighs, while the warm breezes played with his golden hair, drying it after his swim.

"Atto?" 

He blinked then smiled as his young son splashed through the water and settled beside him. "Did you have fun playing with your friends, Ingwion?

"Uh-huh. Atto, may I ask you a question?" Ingwion pushed his wet hair out of his bright grey eyes then picked up a water-polished stone and began to rub it absently as he bit his lower lip.

"Of course, you may." Propping himself up on his elbows, Ingwë turned his full attention to the child.

"Ammë says I will look just like you when I grow up."

"That's right." Ingwë reached out and gently touched the tip of Ingwion's nose. "Already your face looks very much like mine, and eventually you and I will look very much alike."

"Oh." 

The youngster sat in silent thought for a time, and Ingwë settled back on the warm sand once more.

"Atto?"

"Yes, my Ingwi?"

"Does that mean when I grow up, my belly button will go away?"


A/N 2:  Inspired by my youngling asking whether Adam and Eve had belly buttons. *grin*





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List