Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

In Deep Water  by Grey Wonderer

Once upon a time, a stranger entered a magical kingdom known as "Stories of Arda".  This stranger had stumbled upon this kingdom while searching for tales about 'The Lord of the Rings'.  The stranger had searched the whole, wide, Internet for many months before finding this lovely place and upon arriving here, was eager to remain. 

The stranger quickly found the Empress of the Kingdom and requested permission to settle down here among the talented authors and read the exciting tales and leave reviews.  Permission was generously granted, the stranger selected a pen name, and for a time, the stranger was very happy reading and reviewing.

Then one day, the stranger became determined to try her hand at writing a tale or two of her own and again sought out the Empress.  The Empress, being very kind and extremely charitable, allowed the stranger to set forth her tales within the boundaries of the Kingdom.  Though the stranger was new to writing and not at all clear on how things should be done, none in the Kingdom flamed her work.  Many kind folks offered suggestions and words of encouragement to the new author.

After a time, during which the stranger learned much and was given council by many, the stranger's writing improved.  It was during this time that the stranger met another writer of tales whose work she greatly admired.  The two formed a friendship which endures to this day.

This story is posted in celebration of that friendship and for the birthday of PIppinfan1988.  Happy Birthday, PF and thank you for your friendship and for doing the Beta for this story.

Oh, and may 'everyone live happily ever after until the end of their days' just as Bilbo Baggins suggested that they should.

Thank you all for reading!

GW


***In case anyone doesn't already know this, these are not my characters.  They were created by J.R. R. Tolkien. I am going off to work tomorrow just like always because I am not making any money on any of this.  I'm having a great deal of fun, but I'm not making one single Shire Penny. - GW   





        

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List