Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search
swiss replica watches replica watches uk Replica Rolex DateJust Watches

Inspiration  by Antane

Chapter Five:  Gandalf, ??? and Frodo on Amon Hen

And suddenly he felt the Eye. A fierce eager will was there. It leaped toward him. He threw himself from the seat, crouching; covering his head with his grey hood.

He heard himself crying out: Never, never! Or was it: Verily I come, I come to you? He could not tell. Then as a flash from some other point of power there came to his mind another thought: Take it off! Take it off! Fool, take it off! Take off the Ring!

The two powers strove in him and he writhed, tormented. He feared he would be torn in two, his frail mortal body too weak to withstand the terrible forces that battled in him. The voice he heard sounded like Gandalf but he knew that could not be for he had seen his beloved friend fall. He held his hands against his head as though that could stop the struggle and end the agony. Stop! Stop! he begged both powers. Leave me be! He thought his mind would split apart under the assault. He could not bear it a moment longer. .

No, I will never leave you

Frodo’s mind cleared for a moment. There was one instant left. The Dark Power was so close now, so very close, groping about, almost upon him. NO! he screamed and took off the Ring.

He was kneeling in clear sunlight before the high seat. A black shadow seemed to pass like an arm above him; it missed Amon Hen and groped out west, and faded. Then all the sky was clean and blue and birds sang in every tree.

Frodo was trembling with terrible weariness. He took a few deep gulps of fresh, clean air and gathered his strength, wondering if he even had enough to stand. He rose shakily to his feet. The two horrible struggles, first with Boromir and now with the Dark Lord himself, had terrified him, but had solidified his will. The chains that had held it bound fell away and he could breathe more freely. He stepped away from the chains, marveling at how strong they had looked, but now broken and useless. They would not stop him again.

"I will do now what I must. I will go alone. At once."

No, you will never be alone.

He did not know the source of the voice that spoke to him, but a warmth filled him and a new strength. His heart no longer labored to beat.

I will never leave you.

He vanished and passed down the hill, less than a rustle of the wind.

__

A/N:  As before, parts of the Red Book have been quoted.  I shall leave it up to you who that other voice was.  Who do you think?

Also could you all please pray for one of my brother-in-law's brothers, Tommy, who is only 20 something and already battling cancer for the second time.  It doesn't seem to be as dire as we first heard, but he certainly is still in great need of prayers and healing.  Hantanyel!  God bless. *many hobbity hugs*  Antane :)





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List