Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Of Elves, Men and Peredhil  by Rhyselle

A/N: Inspired by the following text from THE SILMARILLION: Now when Eärendil was long time gone Elwing became lonely and afraid; and wandering by the margin of the sea she came near to Alqualondë, where lay the Telerin fleets. There the Teleri befriended her, and they listened to her tales of Doriath and Gondolin and the griefs of Beleriand, and they were filled with pity and wonder; and there Eärendil returning found her, at the Haven of the Swans (Chapter 25 "The Voyage of Eärendil and the War of Wrath")

Waiting in Alqualondë 
(exactly 100 words)

"And then," Elwing said, "I watched him out of sight, until I could no longer see the gleam of the Silmaril moving up the pass into Valinor." 

"And then you came here!" piped up the youngest child of her Telerin host. 

She smiled, although her eyes were still dark with grief. "Aye, little one. I did." Elwing turned towards the window that faced the Calacirya, as had become her habit. Where was her husband? Would he return to her or would she be doomed to spend what might be left of her life grieving on the bejeweled shores of Aman?





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List