Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Of Elves, Men and Peredhil  by Rhyselle

A/N: Inspired by: And Eärendil went into Valinor and to the halls of Valimar, and never again set foot upon the lands of Men. Then the Valar took counsel together, and they summoned Ulmo from the deeps of the sea; and Eärendil stood before their faces, and delivered the errand of the Two Kindreds. Pardon he asked for the Noldor and pity for their great sorrows, and mercy upon Men and Elves and succour in their need. And his prayer was granted. 

Prayer

(exactly 100 words) 

Standing alone in the Mahanaxar, Earendil wondered if this were a dream; if he would shortly awaken on board the Vingilot and find himself again lost among the mists and shadows that barred the way to the Blessed Realm. The empty thrones about him were suddenly obscured by flares of light, against which he shielded his eyes. When he could see again, awestruck, he dropped to his knees. Taking the shining Silmaril from his brow, offered the brilliant jewel up to the Elder King. 

"Pardon I plead, and beg mercy upon Elves and Men, both of whose blood I bear."






<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List