Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Of Elves, Men and Peredhil  by Rhyselle

A/N: A follow-up to "Argument". According to a footnote in HOME IV, Dior was accounted among the Elves, along with his daughter Elwing, and his grandson Elrond (see A/N below the drabble).

Choice

(exactly 100 words)

 

Dior did not look up when Lord Námo appeared in the chamber in which he sat. 

"The answer is still no," he said flatly, "I will not leave this place without my wife."

Námo asked, "If thou were allowed to partake of the fate of the Eldar instead of that of the Edain, wouldst thou choose to do so?"

His answer was immediate.  "I would choose to be with Nimloth."  He looked into the Vala's eyes.  "Wherever she might be."

"Then sleep, Dior son of Luthien, and awaken to the life of the Eldar with thy love at thy side."




A/N 2:  Thanks to Nath at LOTR Community GFIC Yahoo group for the reference:

From HoME IV, The Shaping of Middle-earth, pg. 100-101 HarperCollins paperback edition, on the fate of the Elves: 

Slain or fading their spirits went back to the halls of Mandos to wait a thousand years, or the pleasure of Mandos(2) according to their deserts, before they were recalled to free life in Valinor, or were reborn,(3) it is said, into their own children.(4)

[...]

(Note 4) Added here:

And of like fate were those fair offspring of Elf and Mortal, Eärendel, and Elwing, and Dior her father, and Elrond her child.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List