Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Of Elves, Men and Peredhil  by Rhyselle

A/N: Inspired by: But Dior returned no answer to the sons of Fëanor; and Celegorm stirred up his brothers to prepare an assault upon Doriath. They came at unawares in the middle of winter, and fought with Dior in the Thousand Caves; and so befell the second slaying of Elf by Elf. There fell Celegorm by Dior's hand, and there fell Curufin, and dark Caranthir; but Dior was slain also, and Nimloth his wife, and the cruel servants of Celegorm seized his young sons and left them to starve in the forest. Of this Maedhros indeed repented, and sought for them long in the woods of Doriath; but his search was unavailing, and of the fate of Eluréd and Elurín no tale tells. (Chapter 22, Of the Ruin of Doriath)

Lost 
(exactly 100 words)


Eluréd kicked at the warrior who dragged him from his hiding place. "Let me go!" he yelled, and then bit hard on the hand that clapped over his mouth. 

"Morgoth's balls!" his captor spat, and the child wrenched himself free and ran towards a dark side tunnel, hoping to hide himself again.

Elurín, already bound, shouted, "Run!"

"Grab him!"

He tried to dodge, but his feet slipped on the gore-stained pavement. He sprawled on the encarmined stone and sobbed as he was taken captive again. 

"Take them to the forest." Celegorm's servant sneered down at the twins. "Let them starve."



A/N2: The fate of the sons of Dior always saddened me... I'm surprised that I'm not awash in tears after writing this. 





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List