Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Of Elves, Men and Peredhil  by Rhyselle

A/N:  Inspired by:  Now Dior Thingol's heir bade farewell to Beren and Lúthien, and departing from Lanthir Lamath with Nimloth his wife he came to Menegroth, and abode there; and with them went their young sons Eluréd and Elurín, and Elwing their daughter. Then the Sindar received them with joy, and they arose from the darkness of their grief for fallen kin and King and for the departure of Melian; and Dior Eluchíl set himself to raise anew the glory of the kingdom of Doriath. (Chapter 22, Of the Ruin of Doriath)

 

Farewell

(exactly 100 words)

Luthien blinked back her tears.  She hadn't expected this parting to be quite so difficult.  Dior tucked a greying strand of hair behind her ear as he moved into her embrace. 

"I'll miss you, my son."  She kissed his brow and looked into his eyes.  "My father would be so proud of you." 

Eluréd tugged at her gown and pleaded, "Come with us, Grandmamma."

"Ah, little one, if I go with you, who will take care of your Grandfather?"

Beren's fingers tightened about hers as she, weeping, waved farewell to the new King of Doriath, his queen, and their children.







<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List