Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Of Elves, Men and Peredhil  by Rhyselle

A/N: Inspired by:  But they took Vingilot, and hallowed it, and bore it away through Valinor to the uttermost rim of the world; and there it passed through the Door of Night and was lifted up even into the oceans of heaven. | Now fair and marvellous was that vessel made, and it was filled with a wavering flame, pure and bright; and Eärendil the Mariner sat at the helm, glistening with dust of elven-gems, and the Silmaril was bound upon his brow. (Chapter 24, Of the Voyage of Eärendil and the War of Wrath.

Transformation

(exactly 100 words)

Eärendil wondered how long it had been since all of the Powers last stood together by the Sundering Sea.  The fourteen Valar made a shallow semi-circle before the Vingilot, standing barefoot at the edge of the surf.

Elwing took his hand and he squeezed it reassuringly as Varda stepped forward.  She raised her face and her hands to the heavens and began to sing.

Listening, entranced and awed, he stared as the white wood that gleamed in the sunlight shimmered and brightened with each note of the song.  When she stopped Vingilot glistened, transparent and filled with a wavering flame. 







<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List