Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Of Elves, Men and Peredhil  by Rhyselle

A/N:  In honor of the last day of NaQuaWriMo, I'm giving my readers two drabbles instead of one, because I just can't tell one side of the story. These are not inspired by any particular lines in THE SILMARILLION, but rather from what I'd like to think happened when Elrond Half-elven finally arrived in the Blessed Realm. Enjoy!

Reunion I

(exactly 100 words)

The breeze that drove the swanship towards the grey smudge of land on the horizon tugged at Elrond's hair and he stepped away from the railing to impatiently re-plait it.  Gasps and exclamations made him whirl and look up.  The half-finished braid fell from his fingers to tangle once more as the gleaming white sea-bird alighted on the deck before him. 

She furled her wings with a soft cry and, with a shimmer of bright light, transformed into a white-gowned woman with tear-filled grey eyes.  Soft hands drew him into her embrace. "My son!" she whispered in his ear.

"Naneth!"

* * * * *

Reunion II

(exactly 100 words)

"Elrond!"

The Peredhel had no conscious memory of the flaxen-haired man who leaped over the side of the glowing, crystalline vessel to the white stone pier. But he found himself running towards him with open arms. 

As Elrond was swept off his feet into a whirling embrace, he recognized the feel of the strong muscles beneath the diamond-dusted raiment.  "Ada!"

"I thought this day would never come!" Eärendil's smile was brighter than the Silmaril bound on his brow.  "To finally meet you, to hold you, to know you! Ah, Elrond!"

Father and son wept for joy in each other's arms.

 





<< Back

        

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List