Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

B2MeM: Aragorn in the Last Battle  by Mirach

Week 5: This week was about cooperation between the teams to defeat Morgoth at the end of the game. We accepted the challenge of Glorfindel to write a drabble for every one of the 63 challenges together.

Tales of the Ranger and Slayer: A duel of words and not swords. One night in the Hall of Fire, Aragorn and Glorfindel tell tales, some tall and some true. (A collection of drabbles)

Challenge (Angmar): The works of J.R.R. Tolkien present complex (and sometimes contradictory) views of magic. In Letter #131, he said that "The Machine is our more obvious modern form though more closely related to Magic than is usually recognised," defining magic as something wielded in pursuit of power. In a draft of Letter #155, he defined a second sort of magic as "not to be come by by 'lore' or spells; but ... an inherent power not possessed or attainable by Men as such." Write a story, poem, or create artwork that shows the use of one (or both!) types of magic.


Of Healing

The battle was hard. No weapons were used, that part of it was already over. Now Aragorn fought another, more lonely fight - for the life of the young ranger. He concentrated, remembering everything that Elrond has taught him. The mashed leaves of lady's mantle for the wounds, and a tea for strengthening the blood. The comfrey poultice for the bruises, and tea of agrimony for festering wounds. And athelas. Like a breath from the ancient West, fresh and clean. He breathed in deeply, and then closed his eyes. He called. He searched the shadowy land, and found, and led back.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List