Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search
swiss replica watches replica watches uk Replica Rolex DateJust Watches

Drabble Drop-outs  by Kara's Aunty

Disclaimer: Lord of the Rings is owned by J.R.R. Tolkien, his family, etc. Not me. I'm only dabbling my unworthy fingers in his magical world.

Credit: www dot Tuckborough dot net, grey-company dot org.

Joy Renewed

What shall we name her?”

Celebrian’s melodic voice posed the obvious question as Elrond sat on the edge of her bed cradling his newborn daughter for the first time. His heart swelled with fierce, protective love as he touched the babe’s dark hair, then traced a long finger over the petal-softness of her rounded cheek. Perfect rosebud lips parted in a soft sigh of contentment, and he gasped in wonder when her deep silvery orbs locked onto his own.

And young as she was, those beautiful eyes seemed to soothe his father’s heart with one simple promise.

I will never be sundered from you.

Elrond’s voice was heavy with emotion as he recalled the daughter he had lost, and treasured the one who blessed him now with her presence.

“Let her be called Aralassë,” he said softly, bending low to bestow a kiss upon her brow. He tilted his head to whisper a solemn oath in her delicate ear “And neither Sea nor death itself shall ever sunder me from she who has renewed my joy.”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Author’s Note: Aargh! Almost 100 words (well, nearer it than the last two drabble attempts …).

I actually wanted to call Elrond’s new daughter ‘joy renewed’ or some combination to that effect, but I couldn’t find an elvish word meaning ‘renewed’, so I’m afraid she’s stuck with Aralassë (royal joy, or something like that). Either way, it seemed only fair to give Elrond and Celebrian a new daughter - not to replace Arwen, but to give them some comfort during their lives in the Undying Lands.

Kara’s Aunty ;)





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List