Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Drabble Drop-outs  by Kara's Aunty

Disclaimer: Lord of the Rings is owned by J.R.R. Tolkien, his family, etc. Not me. I'm only dabbling my unworthy fingers in his magical world.

Credit: www dot Tuckborough dot net.

One Little Word

“I’ll wager you a week’s worth of desserts that you can’t make Aragorn laugh within the next minute,” said Merry confidently. He had just spied the man storming out of the Hall of Kings after another trying day at Court.

“A whole week’s worth of desserts?” queried Pippin, dropping an apple core into the lunch basket his cousin had brought to share with him during the break in his duties. He eyed the grim-faced king speculatively. “Very well.”

He sauntered casually across the courtyard, intercepting his tall friend just before he thundered past the White Tree. Pippin offered Aragorn a smart bow.

“A-rello-bello-ballo-tamba-kombanda-tar-a-la-nokandu-lallo-lello-randu-barolla-farolla-mandu-harra-herra-harra-lombu-manna-kommana-falala-lala-landu-biggy-baggy-boggy-bandu.”

Aragorn’s jaw dropped in astonishment.

“That’s Entish for ‘hello’,” lied the hobbit with a cheeky wink.

Slowly, Aragorn’s lips tilted upwards; within seconds, he was laughing heartily. Pippin threw a victorious grin at his crestfallen cousin.

It was all too easy, really …

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Author’s Note: Ohmigosh - a drabble-and-a-half! Am I getting there, or what?

*skips happily around the room*

Kara’s Aunty ;)





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List