Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

In Darkness Bound  by Fiondil

Character List

Note: Numbers in parentheses refer to the chapter where a character first appears or is first mentioned even if they later appear in subsequent chapters. ‘P’ stands for ‘Prologue’.

****

Eldar

Aicanáro — (mentioned) Noldo, third son of Arafinwë and Eärwen, who will be known as Aegnor in Beleriand (14)

Ainairos (OMC) — Teler, leader of those who counseled greater bitterness of heart against the Noldor after the Kinslaying (72)

Aldundilmë (OFC) — Noldorin elfling in Arafinwë’s care (73)

Almáriel (OFC) — Vanya, Amarië’s mother, wife of Castamir, member of Ingwë’s Privy Council (15)

Amandil (OMC) — Vanya, Martandur’s apprentice who follows Fëanáro to Endórë (68)

Amarië — Vanya, daughter of Castamir and Almáriel (mentioned in chapter 15; makes first appearance in chapter 18)

Anairë — Noldo, wife of Ñolofinwë, remains behind in Aman (3)

Ancalimë (OFC) — (mentioned) Vanya, a member of the minor nobility, a friend of Tinwetariel (112)

Angaráto — (mentioned) Noldo, second son of Arafinwë and Eärwen, who will be known as Angrod in Beleriand (14)

Anaxtur (OMC) — Noldo, Master of Ceremonies and Chamberlain at the court of Finwë, later, Arafinwë (14)

Aracáno — Noldo, third son of Ñolofinwë and Anairë; see ‘Note 4’ in chapter 4 (14)

Arafinwë — Noldo, youngest son of Finwë and Indis; becomes High King of the Noldor, the Noldóran, half brother to Fëanáro, mother-name ‘Ingoldo’ (1)

Arminas (OMC) — Vanya, innkeeper and owner of the Bowman’s Rest (76)

Artaher — Noldo, son of Angaráto and Findaráto’s nephew, who will be known as Orodreth in Beleriand. (28)

Artanis — Noldo, daughter of Arafinwë and Eärwen, known as Galadriel in Beleriand (14)

Artelemnar (OMC) — Noldo, a follower of Turcafinwë, participates in the Kinslaying of Alqualondë. He will be known as Celepharn in Beleriand. (69)

Aulendilmë (OFC) — (mentioned) Noldo, daughter of Urundil (31)

Axantur (OMC) — Noldo, the Noldóran’s Chamberlain and Master of Ceremonies (14)

Calainis (OFC) — (mentioned) Noldo, a maid at the palace of the Noldóran (7)

Calamandil (OMC) — Noldo, Laurendil’s close friend who joins him in the rebellion. He will known as Thandir in Beleriand (68)

Calamírë (OFC): Vanya, a healer in the service of Ingwë (27)

Calandil (OMC) — (mentioned) Noldo, Chief guard in the Noldóran’s palace (7)

Castamir (OMC) — (mentioned) Vanya, Amarië’s father, husband of Almáriel (15)

Cemellindo (OMC) — Vanya, a farmer and forester, husband of Elellindë, father of Eccaldamos (98)

Cemendil (OMC) — (mentioned) Vanya, father of Tamurilon, husband of Séremárië, resigned from Ingwë’s Privy Council to enter into Yavanna’s service and become a student of plant biology (12)

Cehtelion — Noldo, joins the rebellion as a follower of Túrucáno. He will be known as Ecthelion of the Fountain in Beleriand (47)

Curufinwë — Noldo, fourth son of Fëanáro, also called Curvo. He will be known as Curufin in Beleriand (71)

Eällindo (OMC) — (mentioned) Teler, Olwë’s steward (28)

Eäralato (OMC) — Teler, one of Olwë’s guards (72)

Eärnur (OMC) — (mentioned) Teler, Voronwë’s childhood friend, who died at his side at the Kinslaying of Alqualondë (68)

Eärwen — Teler, wife of Arafinwë, the Noldotári, daughter of Olwë and Lirillë (14)

Eccaldamos (OMC) — Vanya, Ingwion’s secretary in Tirion, son of Cemellindo and Elellindë (37)

Eldalótë — Noldo, wife of Angaráto and mother of Artaher (28)

Elellindë (OFC) — Vanya, wife of Cemellindo, mother of Eccaldamos (98)

Elemmacar (OMC) — Noldo, joins the rebellion as a follower of Findecáno. He will be known as Gilvagor in Beleriand (47)

Elemmírë — (mentioned) Vanyarin poet much admired by Castamir, head the Guild of Bards in Vanyamar (28)

Elennen (OMC) — (mentioned) Teler, Olwë’s chief guard (49)

Elennáro (OMC) — (mentioned) Teler, Olwë’s chief bard (63)

Elenwë — Noldo, Wife of Turucáno and mother of Itarildë (28)

Elindis (OFC) — Queen of the Vanyar, wife of Ingwë, mother of Ingwion, Ingalaurë and Indil (1)

Elwë — (mentioned) Sinda, Elu Thingol, King of Doriath, husband of the Maia Melian (Melyanna) (1)

Ercassë (OFC) — (mentioned) Vanya, sixteen-year-old daughter of neighbors of Lirulin’s family(16)

Ezelmiril (OFC) — Noldo/Vanya, daughter of Netilmirë and Voronwë, joins the rebellion. She will be known as Calemmíriel in Beleriand (68)

Falmaron (OMC) — Teler, son of Olwë and Lirillë, a great sea captain (mentioned in chapter 28, appears in chapter 69)

Faniel — (mentioned) Noldo, youngest daughter of Finwë and Indis, wife of Salmar Olwion (8)

Fëanáro — Noldo, eldest son and Haryon to Finwë; creator of the Silmarils, also called Curufinwë and Therindion (1)

Fereniën (OFC) — (mentioned) Noldo, a maid at the palace of the Noldóran (7)

Findaráto — Noldo, eldest son of Arafinwë and Eärwen, also called Finda, who will be known as Finrod in Beleriand (3)

Findecáno — Noldo, eldest son of Ñolofinwë, also called Fin, who will be known as Fingon in Beleriand (4)

Findis — (mentioned) Noldo, eldest daughter of Finwë and Indis, wife of Valandur (5)

Finwaina — (mentioned) Noldo, middle daughter of Finwë and Indis. Her mother-name is Lalwendë (22)

Hallacar (OMC) — (mentioned) Noldo, an apprenticed gardener at the palace of the Noldóran and Terendulë’s love (7)

Hallatiro Pelendurion (OMC) – Noldo, son of Pelendur and Losellë, joins the rebellion as a follower of Turucáno. He will be known as Haldir in Beleriand (47)

Herenaráto (OMC) — Noldo, son of Herencáno, father of Herendil (92)

Herencáno (OMC) — Noldo, a member of Ñolofinwë’s council, father of Herenráto and grandfather of Herendil (39)

Herendil (OMC) — Noldo, elfling son of Herenaráto (92)

Herucalmo (OMC) — (mentioned) Noldorin trade negotiator to Ingwë’s court who follows Finwë to Formenos (23)

Hostamir (OMC) — (mentioned) Vanya, a member of the city magistracy in Vanyamar (97)

Indil (OFC) — Vanya, daughter of Ingwë and Elindis, and in love with Tamindil (1)

Indis — (mentioned) Vanya, sister of Ingwë, second wife of Finwë (1)

Ingalaurë (OMC) — Vanya, younger son of Ingwë and Elindis and twin brother to Ingwion, known as Ingil to his family, mother-name ‘Mahalmacundo’ (1)

Ingoldo (OMC) — Vanya, husband of Tinwetariel, brother of Ingwë, father of Intarion (3)

Ingwë Ingaran — High King of the Vanyar, spouse of Elindis, father of Ingwion, Ingalaurë and Indil (1)

Ingwion (OMC) — Vanya, eldest son of Ingwë and Elindis, Haryon of the Vanyar and twin brother to Ingalaurë, known as Ingwi to his family, mother-name ‘Mahalmarunando’ (1)

Intarion (OMC) — (mentioned) Vanya, son of Ingoldo and Tinwetariel, Lirulin’s betrothed (5)

Írissë — Noldo, daughter of Ñolofinwë and Anairë, who will be known as Aredhel in Beleriand (14)

Itarildë — (mentioned) Noldo, infant daughter of Turucáno and Elenwë, born approximately ten solar years before the Darkening, who will be known as Idril Celebrindal in Beleriand (42)

Lassezel (OMC) — (mentioned) Vanya, a member of Ingwë’s Privy Council (10)

Laurefassë (OMC) — (mentioned) Vanya, a farmer, son of Cemellindo and Elellindo, brother of Eccaldamos and father of Vánamelda (98)

Laurefindil — Noldo, joins the rebellion as a follower of Turucáno. He will be known as Glorfindel in Beleriand (47)

Laurendil Rialcarion (OMC) — Noldo, son of Rialcar, joins the rebellion as a follower of Findaráto. He will be known as Glorendil in Beleriand (47)

Lemenyon (OMC) — Vanya, one of the guards employed by Ingoldo (113)

Lindarion (OMC) — Teler, firstborn son and heir of Olwë and Lirillë (20)

Lindórië (OFC) — (mentioned) Vanya, a member of Ingwë’s Privy Council (10)

Lirillë (OFC) — (mentioned) Teler, wife of Olwë of Alqualondë (3)

Lirillo (OMC) — (mentioned) Teler, firstborn son of Salmar and Faniel (73)

Lirulin (OFC) — (mentioned) Vanya, Intarion’s beloved of whom his parents disapprove, daughter of Nolondur and Yáviën (11)

Lossellë (OMC) — Noldo, a member of Arafinwë’s court, wife of Pelendur, mother of Hallatiro (93)

Lótemalda (OFC) — (mentioned) Noldo, Mistress of Pages in Arafinwë’s court (7)

Macalaurë — Noldo, second son of Fëanáro, also called Canafinwë and Cáno, who will be known as Maglor in Beleriand (4)

Marilla (OFC) — Vanya, a member of Ingwion’s staff in Tirion (37)

Martandur (OMC) — (mentioned) Vanya, jewel-smith in Vanyamar (68)

Martaráto (OMC) — Noldo, a member of Fëanáro’s Privy Council (61)

Meneldur (OMC) — Vanya, captain of the guards at the south gate of Vanyamar (74)

Míriel Therindë — Noldo, first wife of Finwë and mother of Fëanáro, now residing in Mandos (mentioned in chapter 4, makes appearance in chapter 59)

Morcocáno (OMC) — Noldo, a minor noble in Tirion who is exiled to Formenos by Ñolofinwë and later joins the rebellion (39)

Morcocallo (OMC) — Noldo, father of Morcocáno (40)

Nambarauto (OMC) — Noldo, a member of Arafinwë’s court (93)

Nerdanel — (mentioned) Noldo, wife of Fëanáro, remains behind in Aman (1)

Netilmirë Cemenariel (OFC) — Noldo, Master of the Guild of Potters in Tirion, wife of Voronwë, mother of Ezelmiril (68)

Nelyafinwë — Noldo, eldest son of Fëanáro, also called Maitamo, Nelyo and Russandol, who will be known as Maedhros in Beleriand (4)

Ñolofinwë — Noldo, eldest son of Finwë and Indis, husband of Anairë, father of Findecáno, Turucáno, Aracáno and Írissë. His mother-name is Aracáno, also known as Ari to his family and he will be known as Fingolfin in Beleriand (1)

Nolondur (OMC) — Vanya, a wine merchant and a member of the Vanyarin minor nobility, husband of Yáviën and father of Lirulin and Telemnar (mentioned in chapter 10, makes first appearance in chaper 13)

Olwë of Alqualondë — (mentioned) King of the Teleri of Aman, husband of Lirillë, father of Lindarion, Eärwen, Falmaron, Salmar and Olwen (3)

Olwen (OFC) — Teler, daughter of Olwë and Lirillë (28)

Pelendur (OMC) — Noldo, a member of Arafinwë’s court, husband of Lossellë, father of Hallatiro (34)

Pityahuan — ‘Little Hound’, epessë given to Arafinwë by the Elder King (83)

Rialcar (OMC) — (mentioned) Noldo, father of Laurendil, a member of Finwë’s Privy Council and later Arafinwë’s (34)

Salmar Olwion (OMC) — (mentioned) Teler, youngest son of Olwë and Lirillë, husband of Faniel (8)

Sérendilmë (OFC) — Vanya, a lady-in-waiting to Elindis (54)

Séremárië (OFC) — (mentioned) Wife of Cemendil and mother of Tamindil, court bard to Lord Manwë (14)

Sérener (OMC) — Vanya, a guard in Ingwë’s court (21)

Sorondur (OMC) — (mentioned) Vanya, Herencáno’s chief falconer (38)

Sorontor (OMC) — Vanya, Chamberlain to Ingwë (81)

Súlimondil (OMC) — Vanyarin noble who is a friend of Ingoldo (30)

Tamurilon (OMC) — (mentioned) Vanya, son of Cemendil and Séremárië, one of Ingwë’s chief councillors, in love with Indil, also called Tam (5)

Tavarion (OMC) — (mentioned) Noldo, Chief gardener at the palace of the Noldòran (7)

Telemnar (OMC) — Vanya, son of Nolondur and Yáviën, brother of Lirulin, a chief lamastámo (veterinarian) for Ingwë’s horses (16)

Telperinquar Turcafinwion — (mentioned) Noldo, the only grandchild of Fëanáro who will be know as Celebrimbor Curufinion in Beleriand (57)

Telufinwë — (mentioned) Noldo, youngest son of Fëanáro and Nerdanel, known as Amras in Beleriand (7)

Terendulë (OFC) — (mentioned) Noldo, a maid in the palace of the Noldóran who is besotted of Hallacar (7)

Tinwetariel (OFC) — Vanya, sister-in-law of King Ingwë, wife of Ingoldo and mother of Intarion (3)

Tulcafindil (OMC) — Vanya, a member of Ingwion’s staff in Tirion (37)

Tulcaner (OMC) — (mentioned) Vanya, a servant of Ingoldo (18)

Turucáno — Noldo, second son of Ñolofinwë, spouse to Elenwë, father to Itarildë, who will be known as Turgon in Beleriand (14)

Turcafinwë — Noldo, third son on of Fëanáro and Nerdanel, Artelemnar’s liege lord, who will be known as Celegorm in Beleriand (9)

Uinion — Teler, one of Olwë’s councillors (72)

Urundil (OMC) — Noldo of Eldamas, an Aulendur, or Servant of Aulë, who is attacked by Vanyar (26)

Valacar (OMC) — Vanyarin noble who is a friend of Ingoldo (30)

Valalyon (OMC) — (mentioned) Vanya, eldest son of Valandur and Findis (126)

Valamírë (OFC) — (mentioned) Noldo, wife of Urundil and mother of Aulendilmë, an illuminator of manuscripts (31)

Valandur Voronwion (OMC) — Vanya, Findis’ husband and Ingwë’s chief loremaster (5)

Vánamelda (OFC) — Vanya, daughter of Laurefassë and niece of Eccaldamos (98)

Vardandur (OMC) — (mentioned) Vanya, one of the chief magistrates in Vanyamar, whom Maranwë impersonates (97)

Vëandur (OMC) — Vanya, a guard in the service of Lord Castamir and Lady Amáriel (66)

Voronwë (OMC) — (mentioned) Vanya, Netilmirë’s husband, father of Ezelmiril, killed in the Kinslaying at Alqualonde (68)

Yavannamelda (OFC) — (mentioned) Noldo, Chief cook in the palace of the Noldóran (7)

Yáviën (OFC) — Vanya, wife of Nolondur and mother of Lirulin and Telemnar (13)

Valar, Maiar and Other Beings

Aicatirno (OMC) — Maia of the People of Námo, brother to Hurinórenámo in the Thought of Ilúvatar (P)

Aiwendil — Maia of the People of Yavanna (31)

Alatar — (mentioned) Chief Maia of the People of Oromë (44)

Arien — (mentioned) Chief Maia of the People of Vána (44)

Aulë — Vala, The Worldmaker and Smith of Arda, one of the Aratar (P)

Aulendil — (mentioned) Sauron [see Wars of the Valar] (33)

Auros (OMC) — (mentioned) Chief Maia of the People of Aulë after the defection of Aulendil, who would become Sauron. (25)

Calimo (OMC) — (mentioned) Maia of the People of Námo (96)

Cassantur (OMC) — Maia of the People of Tulkas (22)

Cemendillë (OFC) — Maia of the People of Yavanna (37)

Eönwë — Chief Maia of the People of Manwë, Lord Manwë’s Herald, and Keeper of the Book of Oaths (P)

Erunáro (OMC) — Maia of the People of Manwë, twin brother to Manveru in the Thought of Ilúvatar (4)

Estë — Valië, the Gentle, spouse of Irmo (P)

Fionwë (OMC) — Maia of the People of Manwë (4)

Hurinórenámo (OMC) — Maia of the People of Námo, brother to Aicatirno in the Thought of Ilúvatar (P)

Ilmarë — Chief Maia of the People of Varda (48)

Ilúvatar — (mentioned) Eru, The One, God, called Atar by the Valar (2)

Ingil (OMC) — Maia of the People of Irmo (110)

Irmo — Vala, Lord of Dreams, Lord of Lórien, spouse of Estë (P)

Lirillo — (mentioned) Maia of the People of Ulmo, composed the Calalindë for the Elves (47)

Mánatamir (OMC) — Maia of the People of Manwë (84)

Manveru (OMC) — Maia of the People of Manwë, twin brother to Erunáro in the Thought of Ilúvatar (4)

Manwë — Vala, Súlimo, Lord of the Breath of Arda, Eru’s Vice-gerent in Eä, the Elder King and Chief of the Aratar, spouse of Varda, also called Calimando when sitting in judgment (P)

Maranwë — Chief Maia of the People of Námo, brother in the Thought of Ilúvatar to Tiutalion (56)

Marilliën (OFC) — Maia of the People of Nienna (87)

Melkor — Fallen Vala (P)

Melyanna — (mentioned) Melian (9)

Námo — Vala, Lord of Mandos, Keeper of the Halls of the Dead, one of the Aratar, spouse of Vairë, also called Morimando when sitting in judgment (P)

Nessa — Valië, spouse of Tulkas (P)

Nienna — Valië, Lady of Tears, one of the Aratar, sister to Námo and Irmo in the thought of Ilúvatar (P)

Ninwanyellë (OFC) — Maia of the People of Estë (110)

Nornoros (OMC): — Maia of the People of Manwe, charged with keeping an eye on Ingwion and Inaglaurë when they were small (mentioned in chapter 38, makes first appearance in chapter 94)

Olóremmárië (OFC) — (mentioned) Maia of the People of Irmo, charged with monitoring Ingalaurë’s dreams (44)

Olórin — Maia of the People of Manwë (4)

Oromë — Vala, Lord of Forests and of the Hunt, one of the Aratar. (P)

Ossë — (mentioned) Maia of the People of Ulmo (45)

Pallando — (mentioned) Chief Maia of the People of Nienna (83)

Ramandor (OMC) — Maia of the People of Tulkas (22)

Roimendil (OMC) — Maia of the People of Oromë (49)

Salmar — Chief Maia of the People of Ulmo (33)

Tiutalion (OMC) — (mentioned) Maia of the People of Nienna, brother to Maranwë in the Thought of Ilúvatar (18)

Tulkas — Vala, Astaldo, spouse of Nessa (P)

Uinen — (mentioned) Maia of the People of Ulmo, spouse of Ossë (45)

Ulcuroitar (OMC) — Maia of the People of Oromë (106)

Ulmo — Vala, Lord of Waters, one of the Aratar (P)

Ungoliante — Úmaia, once known as Acairis of the People of Vairë (44)

Vairë — Valië, The Weaver, Spouse of Námo (P)

Vána — Valië, Everyoung, spouse of Oromë (P)

Varda — Valië, Elentári, Queen of Stars, The Star Kindler, one of the Aratar, spouse of Manwë (P)

Yavanna — Valië, Giver of Fruits, Kementári, Queen of the Earth, one of the Aratar, spouse of Aulë, (1)





<< Back

        

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List