Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Challenges  by Linda Hoyland

Author: Linda Hoyland
Title: Day of the Dove
Rating: G
Theme: Birds
Elements: Dove
Beta: Raksha
Author's Notes: none
Summary: Imrahil muses on how times have changed
Word Count: 200

"Your father, Eldarion, is the greatest warrior Gondor has seen in this age," Imrahil remarked thoughtfully. The Prince of Dol Amroth and the child were watching Aragorn lead his troops in a victory procession through the City streets after a battle against renegade Easterlings. "Thorongil, he called himself, and never was an eagle more fierce. Now, even mighty Thorongil's valour is surpassed by King Elessar's."

Eldarion glowed with pride. He tried to cheer louder than anyone else as his father rode by on his mighty warhorse.

That evening Imrahil went to take leave of the King and Queen. He found Aragorn telling his son a bedtime story, while cradling his infant daughter in his arms. Beside him sat his Queen. The King's eyes often met hers and he smiled at her tenderly.

Had the fierce eagle now become a nesting dove? The Prince mused. Thorongil had always been more than a soldier, with his knowledge of lore and healing, but it was as a warrior he had won renown and how Imrahil remembered him. How times have changed for the better!" Imrahil smiled contentedly. These were the days of the King when the doves could build their nests in peace.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List