Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search
swiss replica watches replica watches uk Replica Rolex DateJust Watches

If It's Trewsday It Must Be Buckland...  by Dreamflower

 My entry for today's challenge is a tribble--

Today's Challenge, in honor of romantic Nan Elmoth:
Voltaire said that it's not enough to conquer: one must learn to seduce. Write a story or poem or create artwork where seduction plays a central role.

Charmed!


"Do you think it seduction, my Lady, when it is wholly innocent and unknowing?" Elrond asked Galadriel as they observed the festivities.  The wedding celebration had turned lively as the hobbits persuaded the guests into attempting a Shire dance that seemed more game than dance. The King and his new Queen were laughing and flushed as the Ringbearer wove the line of dancers into an ever-tighter knot.  At the end of the line Mithrandir danced between Lothíriel of Dol Amroth and Pippin, who had in his free hand a goblet from which he'd yet to spill a drop.

Somewhere in the tangle near the center, Sam danced between Gimli and one of Arwen's Elven attendants, and Merry was between two lovely Gondorian maidens. The differences in height meant little to the hobbits.

"You are more familiar with their race than I, my son," said his mother-in-law, a twinkle in her eye.

"I have known a few, and not one who did not find a way quickly into my heart."

"There is a seductiveness about innocence and trust; the willingness to share.  Their light and warmth draws others like moths to a candle."

The tangle of dancers was so tight that it was difficult to move. A few had broken away, though most were attempting to continue.  The music ended.  All broke apart, laughing and out of breath. 

They watched as Arwen bent to place a kiss on top of Frodo's head, Sam staggered as Gimli slapped his back, and Pippin drained the goblet he still held.  Merry glanced in their direction, and came their way, his face red, his grey eyes determined.

He bowed to Galadriel.  "My Lady, would you honour me?" He held out his hand and she took it, following the hobbit into another lively dance.

 





        

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List