Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Celeritas' Birthday Bash 2011  by Celeritas

In true hobbit fashion, I celebrate my birthday by writing people stories, according to prompts that they give out.  The total this year was twenty: nineteen prompts, plus one to grow on, and again, with only an hour or so to spare, I got them done in time...


Thank you all, from the bottom of my heart, for being there for me online in the past year, whether we've spoken online, in real life, or you were just wandering through and read something of mine.  You people are what makes writing worth it.

Here were this year's prompts:

Dreamflower: A little more about Tom and Marigold, set just before or just after or during "Better Once Than Never".

Marta:  A cross-cultural moment between a hobbit and some other race: preferring Rohan or Gondor as far as non hobbit cultures go, and Bilbo as far as hobbits go.

Antane: Frodo, from the Quest onwards, preferably with Bilbo or Sam.

GamgeeFest: Something with Sam and his progeny.

Linda Hoyland: Aragorn, Faramir, Eomer, and the hobbits after the Ring War.

GoldVermilion: A non-romantic moment between Faramir and Eowyn exploring whether they're the type of couple that's always in love with each other.

Larner: Merry and Pippin prepare for Sam and Rose's wedding before he's asked her (Aragorn's or Arwen's foresight optional).

Rey: Osse!

Kaylee: Galadriel's homecoming West, preferring interactions with her family who hasn't seen her in a long time.

Adonnen Estenniel: How did the Elven Rings affect Celeborn and his relationships with Galadriel and Elrond?

Armariel: Gimli's arrival in Valinor.

Cathleen: Pippin's homecoming after the war.

Captain Facepalm: 2-3 lost riddles from "Riddles in the Dark."  [Does not come close to meeting wordcount.]

Pearl Took: Pippin and Sam, pre-Ring War: Sam is of age, but Pippin is still in his tweens.  Must be summery, happy, and involve stars and water.

Thundera Tiger: How did Tom Bombadil get news of the Shire from hobbits, especially on such a short notice?

Harrowcat: "Free Range for me": with general preferences towards Rangers, hobbits, Legolas, and Gimli

Sally: "Sam eating... babies."

Periantari: PostQuest Frodo angst.  One of the other hobbits helps him come to grips with what happened.

Rhyselle: Finrod's learning from the Dwarves as Nargothrond is being built





        

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List