Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Thirty Drabbles Hath November 2011  by Rhyselle

Each daily drabble for National Quality Writing Month (NaQuaWriMo) will be based on or inspired by a prompt provided by my Facebook friends and friends from my various writing groups across the internet.  The prompt(s) and the individual(s) who provided it(them) will be annotated at the bottom of each drabble, so credit is given where credit is due. :)  Here is the first of 30 drabbles to be written and posted over the course of the month of November.  Exactly 100 words per Microsoft Word(tm).


Scrumping (Tookland, The Shire)

Pippin grinned as he squirmed through the bushes that edged the garden, dragging a cloth sack behind him.  The strawberries, dew-touched, glimmered in the light of the full moon.

"Oh, good!" he whispered. "I got to them first!"

Nimble fingers made short work of filling the sack, and he scrambled back towards the shadowed, leafy, passageway, to sneak back to his bedroom with his booty.

When he emerged from the other side of the hedge, the sack snagged on a branch and spilled. As he scrambled to gather up the fruit,someone cleared his throat behind him.  He cringed.

"D-D-Dad?"

Prompt:  "Oh, crap!"  provided by Jo Lynne Navarre at the ALEP2 group on FaceBook.






        

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List