Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

B2MeM 2012: A Spirit in Shadows  by Mirach

A/N: The following chapters describe the fight in the palantír (I had to put all those unrelated prompts somewhere, you see…). If you wish, you may skip them without missing much of the plot; they will be more like short one-shots. They will be titled “Palantír: Title”, and I will post them quicker, probably 2 per day, depending on their length.



4. Palantír: Trees

The White Tree blossoming on the fountain square, the blooms like living silver…

The tree dead and dry. Eärnur rode to challenge the dark power. Gondor has no king.

The seed in the soil, high up the Mindolluin. The hope waiting for its time…

The destruction of Osgiliath and its tree. Anárion dying…

Isildur planting a seedling of the White Tree in Minas Anor in the memory of his brother, after the King’s House moved there. 

Nimloth falling under the axes of Ar-Pharazôn’s men. Fire devours the white wood, the smoke of it rising dark into the sky from the altar. Hungry flames lick the wood, and white turns to black.

Isildur stealing a fruit of the tree from the circle of the guards’ halberds, carrying it out of the destruction of Númenor…

The Songs flew back and forth, from an image of a strong tree, its branches laden with flowers, to the image of dead, lifeless trunk and wood.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List