Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

B2MeM 2012: A Spirit in Shadows  by Mirach

29. Palantír: Under the surface

Aragorn could feel that something is wrong with the last memories that Sauron showed him – they were a ruse, an attempt to hide the truth even before himself – the truth that was respect to his old master Aulë and his creations, uncovered without the influence of the Ring. But now, something below the surface started to show again. A memory not far in the past...


The Eye and the Mouth. The Master and the Messanger.

"The Orcs are in the position, Master. The last company arrived to Udûn yesterday."

"What about Elessar's army?"

"They will be at the Black Gate tomorrow."

"Good. You will show them the mithril coat that orc… Shagrat… brought. Make them believe we have that halfling as a prisoner, and a terrible fate awaits him if they don't capitulate. Capturing him is only a matter of time, after all. We will deal with that when that Northern usurper is dealt with properly. In his arrogance, he dared to challenge me, Sauron the Great!"

"He will suffer, my Lord. I will make sure of that."

"Good. Now go. You have your orders."

As Aragorn watched the scene unfolding in the palantír, he could feel Sauron's disgust of it, and a hidden respect before the 'Northern usurper' who dared to challenge him.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List