Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

B2MeM 2012: A Spirit in Shadows  by Mirach

38. Tapestries: Galadriel

White dominated this tapestry - there was a white figure in the background of ice and snow. It was Galadriel: younger, determined, proud, leading her people through the Helcaraxe: shifting glaciers and ice crystals, and dark, bottomless waters… Ice queen, words came to his mind when he saw her there. But the spring of Doriath melted the ice… He smiled slightly. Despite all expectations, she married a Sinda. Not that he would be in a position to judge the marriages of several Ages old Elves, but Celeborn was just the right man for her, in his oppinion. He could be one of the Úmanyar, as the Noldor called the Elves that did not reach the Blessed Realm, but he was wise and knew when to argue with her and when not, and he was mighty of the Elves of old, just like the lords of the Noldorin Exiles. All dreams about power and own kingdom she had in her youth were not that important when she opened her hands and heart to him. She had her own realm in Lothlórien, and a loving husband. At the end, she realized that was all she ever really wanted.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List