Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search
swiss replica watches replica watches uk Replica Rolex DateJust Watches

B2MeM 2012: A Spirit in Shadows  by Mirach

51. Reuniting

Ships at a distance have every man's wish on board. For some, the tide brings them to the shore, fulfils the wishes. Others lose the ship from sight, never seeing it again. For the Fëanorians, the ship was called Vingilot, and it was out of their reach in Middle-earth. But here, in Valinor, it reached the shore every day, while bright Eärendil rested from his travells. Maybe that was the reason why the Lord of Mandos held them in his halls... Darkness, fog and shadows filled the halls where they walked, and years were roaring and blowing like cold draft in the hallways, rushing around them without bringing a change.

Aragorn watched them for some time, passing each other in the halls, but not seeing, not recognizing. The father did not recognize his sons; the brothers did not recognize each other… He sighed, and wanted to turn away, when Maedhros entered the corridor. The red-haired Noldo froze, as if seeing a ghost.

"Father?" he whispered in amazement.

Fëanor looked up at that word. "Father…" he echoed it, as if testing the sound. Then he looked straight into Maedhros' face. He blinked. Then, the expression of joy slowly spread across his face. "Nelyafinwë!"

Maedhros smiled, and the halls of Mandos seemed to brighten with that smile. He walked to his father, but Fëanor was faster, and soon had his son firmly in his embrace.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List