Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search
swiss replica watches replica watches uk Replica Rolex DateJust Watches

B2MeM 2012: A Spirit in Shadows  by Mirach

52. Conversations with the dead

There was a living elf in the Halls today. He came there with Námo's consent, to speak with his brother. Unlike Aragorn, he was not looking around with awe and reverence. The halls and tapestries were apparently familiar to him as he passed them with a certain step, as if knowing his way around. It was clear the golden-haired elf has spent some time here as well.

"Aegnor!" he called softly when he came to the fountain with the statues Valar.

Nothing happened for several moments. Then, an Elda came from one of the halls hesitantly. He had a mane of spiky blonde hair, and in his eyes was a burning flame, though it seemed dull in this moment. "You called me, brother?" he asked quietly. "It's good to see you again."

Finrod, for that's who the living elf in Mandos was, just sighed. "Oh brother… Yes, I called you. Our mother misses you so much. Father and Galadriel and Angros as well… Even Amarië and her parents… we all wish you could return to us."

"You know why I can't," Aegnor looked at Finrod seriously.

Finrod sighed. "Yes. I know… I just wish it there could be some other way…"

"There isn't. I can't live without her. Tell our mother and everybody else that I love them… but I love Andreth above all, and she passed beyond the Circles of the world. I cannot follow her, and so I will remain here until the world is remade, until Anor and Ithil fade and Varda's stars turn black."

Finrod just nodded; apparently this conversation was not taking place for the first time. They remained silent for some time.

"So… how is mother?" Aegnor asked after a moment.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List