Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search
swiss replica watches replica watches uk Replica Rolex DateJust Watches

Confusion  by Laikwalâssę

Confusion

Chapter 4: a second chance?

Elrohir awoke with the sensation of someone stroking his cheek. He slowly opened his eyes expecting his father and gasped at seeing his brother. Elladan was smiling down at him and he felt so real, so warm….

Elrohir squeezed his eyes shut. He wanted nothing more as to give in to the wonderful sensation of having his brother beside him but he still feared succumbing to an illusion, to going mad.

He could not so easily shove aside the months of loneliness, of unbearable loss; the nights he had lain awake and wished that he had died too. As much as he longed to simply forget these dark days, he feared he that he would again be disappointed, that all would turn out to be only wishful thinking.

Suddenly however a feeling combined with a firm demand moved through the bond he had shared with his brother. He had no other choice than to open his senses.

He had long closed this connection determined to never let anything come this close to his heart.

´Open up for me, little brother. I’m here. Let me in!`

 

Without thinking twice he gave into his longing and reopened the connection. He nearly gasped at the intensity of his brother’s presence. His eyes flew open and he had no longer any doubt that Elladan was truly alive.

For long moments the brothers looked at each other, hopes and fears, joys and hurts quickly exchanged. No spoken words were necessary.

Nonetheless Elrohir blinked. “But how? I saw you die. You died in my arms. How is this possible?” he whispered his eyes never leaving his brother’s face.

Elladan´s expression sobered. “I do not know, Elrohir. Father suggested that you had a vision!”

Elrohir gasped while struggling into a sitting position. “But…but then it could still happen!” he cried the anguish back on his face.

Carefully Elladan sat on the edge of the mattress.

“Nothing is certain in this matter. You know the nature of visions.” Elladan looked away, his expression nearly angry.

Elrohir nodded. Like their father the twins were from time to time graced with visions. Elladan almost despised them. He was frustrated by the fact that he was unable to change his actions based on the visions he had. Why did he have such premonitions when he was unable to act upon them?

Elladan was startled when he looked back into his brother’s face. The anguish and doubt was back full force. Was he not here to relieve his brother of these feelings?

Elladan quickly leaned forward and embraced his brother. “Stop this, Elrohir, it will lead us nowhere!”

When Elrohir nodded and drew away Elladan rose. “Come on let us go to breakfast and then we can talk this over with father.”

With that he tossed his brother some clothing and winked while walking through the doorway.

Still somewhat shaken Elrohir could not help but smile. Elladan had always hated to dive too deeply into emotional matters. Anyway this was his brother and for nothing in the world he would want it to be any different.

The only thing that mattered was that Elladan was alive. Carefully Elrohir searched his heart and to his great relief the grief and the feeling of loss was already diminishing to a faint echo.

On their next patrol he would make sure that it would stay this way. He had been given a second chance and he would seize it!

To be continued……………

 





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List