Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Linaewen's Inklings  by Linaewen

Tuor contemplates his captivity.

***

I must be patient.  If I am patient, my chance will come.

These chains that bind me are hard to bear, an ever-present reminder of my captivity and thraldom -- but I can bear them, for it is not forever.  If I am patient, my chance will come and I shall escape this slavery.

Lorgan the Easterling, who claims to own me, treats me evilly.  He thinks that by breaking my pride and my spirit, he will strike a blow against the House of Hador. But I cannot be broken. I shall endure everything, for I am strong.  If I am patient, my chance will come, and freedom shall be mine.

They are heavy, these chains.  I feel the cold, biting weight of them about my ankles, my feet held fast by iron shackles that bruise and chafe -- yet I can bear the pain and the limitations they bring, more easily than I can bear the weight of the grief and despair my enslaved people wear like fetters.  Such oppression is heavier than any physical binding.  Yet it is not forever.  If I am patient, my chance will come, and I shall rescue my people.

Patience... My chance comes....

*****

A/N:  The image Feet in Chains was used to inspire this story, which was written for B2MeM 2014





        

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List