Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Elrond's Boys  by Dragon

Down in one of the meadows where the youngest elflings had often played, there was a large tree stump, surrounded by an unexpected number of large round rocks. This was the favoured spot for the game of 'Defeat the Dragon', and during that long summer there had hardly been a day where one of the twins had not enthralled them during dinner with tales of their valour and excitement during the game.

~*~

The morning sun was shining through the canvas of the tent when Elrohir woke. The stone he grasped had long gone cold, but he was warm under his blankets. An extra blanket had been draped over his sleeping body making the covers seem heavy, and when he rolled over he found that his grandfather had left the tent.

Blearily he threw the blankets to one side, and crawled to the entrance of the tent. The morning was cool yet, and the air smelt of wood smoke. His grandfather was crouched in the middle of the glade, poking at the fire, and the horses were moving among the trees at the edge of the clearing, seeking out fresh clumps of grass.

"Celeborn!" Elrohir cried, scrambling to his feet and skipping nimbly across the ground to his grandfather to give him a hug. "Good morning!"

"It is a good morning, indeed." Celeborn returned the hug. He had been surprised to find that without the dominant presence of his twin, Elrohir was very nearly as noisy and exuberant as Elladan.

"Is it breakfast time yet?" Elrohir knelt down beside the open leather pack and rummaged around inside it. "What shall we eat?"

"Apples." Celeborn nodded towards two packages that he had already removed from the pack. "And bread."

"Yummy!" Elrohir rubbed his stomach and looked at Celeborn with pleading eyes. "I am hungry."

"Dress yourself first." Celeborn said, unmoved by Elrohir's look. "The stream is just over there."

Realising that his grandfather was not such a soft touch as his mother was, Elrohir scampered off to wash and dress as quickly as possible.

The stream was fast flowing and icy cold, and after dipping his big toe into one of the larger pools, Elrohir was unwilling to immerse any other section of his body, and instead simply exchanged his nightshirt for his tunic and leggings and hurried back to the camp.

"Your hair is very dry, Elrohir." Celeborn observed simply, and looked hard at his grandson.

Elrohir reached up and touched his hair with a guilty expression.

"I. . . forgot my towel!" Elrohir grabbed at his towel and skipped back to the river, leaving his grandfather shaking his head and smiling.

Elrohir shivered as he waded into the water, and sat down on the stony riverbed, letting the water flow around him. He automatically flicked water to either side as he washed, only really realising that there was nobody there when he was not dunked back.

Frowning, Elrohir sighed and finished washing and dressing slowly. The world was an awfully boring place when there was nobody to share it with.

~*~

Elladan walked slowly to the dining table and climbed onto his chair.

"Good morning Ammë, Ada." He nodded his head in greeting less bouncily than usual. There were shadows around his eyes, and his hair had been braided far more carefully than normal.

"Good morning, did you sleep well?" Celebrian asked with a note of concern. Her son's cheeks were rather pale and his mouth was definitely down-turned.

"Yes, thank you Ammë." Elladan said quietly, running a finger along the pattern of leaves on the handle of his fork. He had not really - it had been far too quiet without the noise of his brother breathing and the sound of a twin heart beating. By the time he had got to sleep the morning light was already coming pale across the mountainside.

Elrond and Celebrian exchanged worried glances.

"Do you feel unwell, Elladan?" Elrond asked, feeling the child's forehead and making a mental note to examine the boy after breakfast.

"No." Elladan said grumpily, hunching his shoulders to deter further attempts to diagnose his malady.

Elrond looked at Celebrian and shook his head slightly. Once Elladan had decided that he did not want to speak, it was difficult to get even a few syllables out of him.

"Would you like an egg, Elladan?" Celebrian hovered a large ladle over the round earthenware pot that held the freshly boiled eggs.

"Oh. . ." He had completely forgotten that today was egg day. "Yes please, Ammë!"

Celebrian smiled at the sudden cheerfulness in his tone. Both twins loved eggs.

"There." She gave Elladan an egg and raised her eyebrows slightly as she looked at the bread basket, reminding him to offer it around.

Once everybody's plates were filled with eggs and bread and fruit, Elladan fidgeted impatiently until his father took up his knife and he was allowed to start. As usual for egg day, Elrond had barely touched the handle of the knife when Elladan took the top off his egg with an enthusiastic swish.

"I am stabbing an orc!" Elladan whispered loudly as he plunged a chunk of bread into the yolk. Then as he realised that there was nobody to play with him, and his comment had gone unheard by its intended recipient, he put the bread down and began eating with a spoon, his shoulders sagging miserably.

"Elladan, child, what is wrong?" Celebrian asked, reaching over to place a slender hand on her son's shoulder, being careful to avoid dragging the loose sleeve of her gown dragging in the butter.

"Nothing!" Elladan turned to face his parents, his eyes brimful of tears. "I am just fine."

"Elladan?" Celebrian got up from her seat as silent tears began to flow down her son's face faster than he could lick them away.

"I want 'Ro." Elladan sniffed. "I want him here with me."

"Oh, Elladan." Celebrian picked him up with rather more difficulty than she had had a few years ago, and he snuggled his face against her neck. "Elrohir will be home soon."

"I don't want him soon. I want him now." Elladan said in a muffled voice. "I want him with me."

~*~

Glorfindel strolled across the terrace and down the steps into the family's gardens. Since Elrond was in neither the study or the library, and Celebrian was nowhere to be found, it was a fair guess that they would be somewhere in Celebrian's rose garden.

Moving deliberately noisily, Glorfindel made his way along the tiled paths, hoping to make them aware of his approach before he stumbled upon them. Sometimes he thought that his friends took the word private a little too literally, especially considering that anybody could walk into the gardens whenever they wished.

"Glor?" Elrond's head poked out of a hidden nook, looking slightly annoyed.

"Ah, Peredhil!" Glorfindel smirked at his friend's expression. "I am missing my pupil."

"Oh. . ." Elrond said in an exasperated tone. "He is napping. Did you not know?"

"No, Elrond, I did not. I have merely been sitting waiting for him." Glorfindel said shortly.

"He is asleep, but it is about time that he woke." Celebrian's voice was soft, but Elrond knew from a certain glint in her eye that she expected him to stop taunting the blond elf. "He was upset this morning and he had not slept well."

"Right." Glorfindel smiled at Celebrian, scowled at the half-elf and departed.

Elrond wrapped his arms back around his wife, and put all thoughts of frustrating blond elves out of his head.

~*~

"Elladan." Glorfindel said softly, shaking the child's shoulder. He was sprawled on the bed, fast asleep and looking every bit as adorable as he had as a slumbering toddler, a few years ago - the twins did not go in for adorable much any more.

"Nuh." Elladan screwed up his eyes and turned his face into the pillow, drawing up his knees and curling into a tight ball.

"Elladan?" Glorfindel knelt down by the bed and brushed some of the dark hair from the warm little face.

"What. . ." Elladan wrinkled his nose slightly and opened his eyes, then wriggled to sit up, propping himself up on his arms.

"It is time to wake." Glorfindel said gently, placing his large hand behind Elladan's back, smoothing down some of the creases and rumples in the small tunic.

"Oh. . ." Elladan peered at the sunlight highlighting the contrast between Glorfindel's loose golden hair and the rich blue of his tunic. "Why. . ."

"You were napping. But it is time for lessons now." Glorfindel explained patiently.

Elladan scowled. His Ammë should have woken him, even if he had fallen to sleep when he was being cuddled. It was only fair.

"Now. . ." Elladan reached up to rub his eyes, remembering his resolution to be responsible and reliable. He had thought about it long and hard last night. "Good. Let's start now."

Glorfindel chuckled and picked him up, walking to the bathroom to fill a beaker with fresh cold water. Once Elladan had drunk most of this, he was much more alert, and the bright eyes were dancing again.

"I think you might be a bit sleepy as yet."

"Am not." Elladan wriggled until Glorfindel set him down again. "I am too old to be carried."

"You are?" Glorfindel feigned surprise and handed Elladan a damp flannel to wipe his face and hands.

"Most definitely." Elladan placed the flannel over his face and blew out into it to make a mushroom shape.

Glorfindel grinned and strode to the window.

"Why do we not have our lessons outside, it is a beautiful day."

"Can we?" Elladan bounced to the window and held up his hands for Glorfindel to pick him up so that he could see out. "Good!"

~*~

Glorfindel and Elladan were working down in a quiet corner of the gardens, in the leafy shade of a huge and ancient oak tree. Glorfindel was leaning against the tree, ignoring the bits of bark that were rubbing off into his hair, and reading some papers. Elladan was lying on his stomach, kicking his feet against the ground as he read.

They sat in peaceful silence for a while, until Elladan finished the chapter and had finished perusing the map at the back.

"Glorfindel."

"Have you finished?" Glorfindel put down his papers and shuffled forward to take the book.

"Yes. . . but. . ." Elladan rolled over onto his back and sat up. "But Glorfindel, it did not say what it was like. Not for people like me. What was it like? You must know. You were there."

Glorfindel sat back, resting on his palms, and sighed. He had known that as the twins grew older then their questions would increase. What he had not counted on was the intensity of the memories that it brought back.

"What was it like?" Glorfindel closed his eyes for a moment to remember the warmth of the stones on a summer's day and the sweet fruity smell of the market. "Well, when I was your age I had a room up in one of the towers of our house. I would wake up every day when the morning sun shone through the cleft in the mountains and into my bedroom. And then, because I rose early, I would run down to the river, and stand under the waterfall. Then of course there would be breakfast, and lessons. . ."

Glorfindel pulled a face and Elladan giggled.

"But in the afternoons, after our fencing lessons, I would go to a small square near the sword smith's house. Many of us boys would gather there. And we would practice sparring. . ."

Entranced, Elladan leant forward eagerly, listening to Glorfindel speak of hot and dusty battles, hide and seek along the city walls, and building rafts secretly. When the blond elf next looked up, the sun was high in the sky, well past midday.

"Hurry, Elladan!" Glorfindel gathered up the books and sprung to his feet. "I have let time run on. You will be late for your meal."

Suddenly realising how hungry he was, Elladan bit back his complaint at the end of the story.

"Glorfy?" Elladan asked, scrambling to his feet and running after Glorfindel.

"Yes?" Glorfindel shook back his sleeve to grasp the small hand that was reaching up to him.

"You're my friend aren't you, Glorfy? Not just Ada's friend?" Elladan asked hopefully, looking up with eyes that betrayed how much the blond elf's answer would mean to him.

"Well, I am the whole family's friend." Glorfindel said carefully. But the child was right - somehow in the last few years the twins had wormed their way from being mere children in his thoughts, to being little people in their own right. Little people who he enjoyed being with. He had to admit that he looked forward to the time spent with Elladan on the archery ranges - more than that - he treasured it. Every minute - every second - meant something, and each held their own memories. "But yes, you are my friend. And I am very much looking forward to knowing you."

"Oh good." Elladan grinned cheekily up at Glorfindel, and started dragging him up the path.

~*~

"Now, shoot!" The training master called, bringing his arm down quickly. The elflings all released their arrows and waited with breath held to see where they should hit. Amidst the small delighted yelps and frustrated sighs, Elladan allowed himself a small smile. He had hit the centre again. In fact it was happening so often now that he played games with himself to see how many he could get in a row.

He wondered how much Elrohir was beating his record by. Elrohir was still coming home from every lesson with tales of how he had been praised, or how he had won the small contests that his training master held. It was so totally unfair, Elladan thought. He had never been praised or even participated in a contest. Maybe everyone in the other group was so much better than he was that there was no point. He was just too terrible to be praised.

"Elladan." The training master made his way along the little row, commenting to each elfling as he passed. Eventually he halted by Elladan and examined his grip and aim. In terms of learning skills, this summer would be a waste for him, but there were more important lessons that he was learning instead. Unable to fault the child's grip, he instead walked to the target and moved it ten paces further away. "There."

~*~

Once the lesson had finished, and they had been reminded to bring their towels the next afternoon, the elflings began their way either home or to their play areas.

"Let's play 'Defeat the Dragon'!" One boy suggested, a game involving three elflings guarding a pile of large round stones on a huge tree stump, and the others trying to capture the 'treasure'.

"Yes! I want to be a dragon!" Another cried.

"And me!" Five or six voices shouted at once.

"I shall be one dragon." One of the biggest boys said, and then pointed at two other boys. "You can be a dragon, and you can be a dragon too!"

"But I do not want to be a dragon." One of the boys protested, but quickly quietened himself as he caught the leader's eye.

"Alright! Then we are the soldiers!" Elladan called loudly, punching the air as he drew his troops to arms. "I am Lord Elladan, High King of Imladris!"

The air was immediately filled with all the others declaring their titles and houses. One tiny blond-haired elfling pulled off his tunic and threaded a long stick through the sleeves, as a banner of his house - the mighty Balrog slayers of Imladris.

There was a general chorus of approval at this idea and several others removed their tunics or belts to make their own banners. Beaming, the little elfling ran to and fro fetching sticks - it was not often that one of his ideas was taken up by the big boys.

The leader frowned as the focus of attention was taken away from him, and the game revolved around one of the smallest and most diminutive of his minions.

"Do not be stupid!" He grabbed the banner out of the little elf's hands. "You are much too small and stupid to defeat a Balrog."

He snapped the stick in half, and prodded the little blond elf with one broken end.

"You will never be a great warrior. You will never defeat a Balrog." He sneered and looked back at the crowd to draw support in cruel laughter. "Balrog slayers do not suck their thumbs."

The child quickly withdrew his thumb, which had slowly edged towards his mouth as the attack had continued, blinking furiously to keep away the tears.

"You will never be a great anything. All you will ever be is a stupid little boy who acts out pretend battles with his toys."

The group of boys began laughing, a little uncertainly at first, but then more loudly, adding their own taunts. Most of them were still very fond of playing with their own soldiers, and if they did not join in with pouring scorn on the victim, then someone might guess.

The little boy began to cry, tears spilling out from his eyes and his breath coming in gasps as he tried to stop.

The ringleader stepped closer to him, bringing the sharp end of the stick up against the boy's neck.

"What do you call yourself? Iorwë, thumb-sucker, slayer of primroses. . ."

"Actually," Elladan pushed through the crowd to stand by Iorwë, "Actually Balrog slayers do play with toys. Glorfindel has played soldiers with me lots of times. Most of the time Balrog slayers are not doing Balrog slayery things, actually."

The crowd stopped jeering, and began to make noises that indicated that they agreed with Elladan. After all, he was the only one of them who actually knew a real live Balrog slayer, even though Lord Glorfindel had occasionally stopped to comment on a few of them when he had come across them practising.

Aware of his precarious position as group leader, the larger boy scowled at Elladan, and pushed Iorwë aside.

"How dare you insult Lord Glorfindel's name." He hissed and the comments from the crowd, suggested that he had regained the support of the crowd. "I bet that if he had heard you, he would smite you to Mandos."

"I did not." Elladan ducked to avoid the punch the other boy swung at him. "And he would no sooner harm me than he would acknowledge you."

This rankled. The boy was neither the greatest archer nor the most skilled in sword work. Indeed he was the oldest child in the lower training group, and it had not escaped his knowledge that he had never been singled out for praise or attention. With an angry yell he flung himself at Elladan, knocking the smaller elfling to the ground. He was much larger than Elladan, and try as he might, Elladan had no chance of beating him, or even holding his own.

Eventually the onslaught stopped and the rest of the group ran down to the meadows to play their game, leaving Elladan curled up in a ball and winded on the ground. Eventually he regained his breath and pushed himself up, and begun limping up the painful path to the house.

"Are you all right?" Iorwë materialised from the trees around him, and scampered over to stand at Elladan's side.

"I am fine." Elladan wiped his bloody nose on the sleeve of his tunic.

"That looks painful." Iorwë pointed towards a deep cut on Elladan's arm.

Elladan paused, and looked down at the cut. Iorwë was right - it was painful, but more than that, he did not know how to clean if up himself. But if he went to his Ada then he would find out that he had been fighting. Anybody responsible enough to go hunting would not get into a fight over pretend banners.

"It is." Elladan said sadly, trying not to cry. Then he remembered how Iorwë had been shoved aside. It had been a rough shove for a boy of seven. "Are you alright?"

"It does not hurt too badly." Iorwë said bravely. "He did not hit me again and again as he did with you."

Elladan grunted a response and began limping back up the valley.

"You know what?" Iorwë scampered alongside him, smiling happily.

"What?"

"When I am older I am going to be just like you. I bet that you could slay a Balrog."

"I could not even fight him." Elladan said sadly.

"Oh no, but he is much more terrible than any Balrog. . ." Iorwë said eagerly, getting down on his hands and knees to get up over a rocky outcrop.

Elladan sighed, and tried to keep smiling. All he wanted was to be somewhere alone so that he could cry.

~*~

"Eru! What happened to you?" Glorfindel paused in removing his gloves and chatting to his captains as Elladan limped towards him.

"I fell down some steps." Elladan gulped back tears. There was no way that he could cry in front of the six most fearsome soldiers in the Imladris Guard. They had just finished practising fencing, and each carried a weapon that could bring fear into the hearts of orcs.

"Ah." Glorfindel wiped the sweat from his face with his sleeve, and tilted his sword back to allow him to kneel down in front of the child. "Who pushed you?"

"Nobody!" Elladan shook his head, looking down at the ground. "I just fell, that's all."

"Very well." Glorfindel observed Elladan with slightly narrowed eyes. Children were not allowed anywhere near the Guard's training fields as a rule, so by rights Elladan should not have been here at all. "Where does it hurt?"

Elladan took a deep breath and held it to stave off tears.

"Everywhere. But my arm, and I cut my knee and it hurts to walk." Elladan explained. "It hurt too much to walk all the way home."

Glorfindel smiled slightly at this. Now the boy wanted to be carried.

"All right." He crouched down further to help Elladan climb onto his back, then got to his feet. "I cannot take you home, for I must teach a training session in a few minutes, but we will get you patched up."

"Thank you." Elladan murmured and tried to rest his head against Glorfindel's shoulder, but since the blond elf was wearing a chain mail shirt over his tunic, this was not terribly comfortable. Instead he fiddled with Glorfindel's hair, hoping that anybody that they passed would think that he was just interested in the undone and tangled braids, rather than notice that he had been crying.

~*~

"There we are." Glorfindel sat Elladan down on top of a tall stool in the first aid room in the soldiers' barracks. Injuries were common when training, and if every scratch, scrape and graze were sent to the infirmary then Elrond would not get a moment free. Carefully he helped Elladan remove his tunic and checked that there were no unseen injuries that would require further attention. Luckily the child seemed to have escaped anything more severe than a few deep cuts, and once he had wiped off most of the blood and dirt, Elladan was looking much better.

"Which steps did you fall down?" Glorfindel asked casually as he took a large brown bottle down from the shelf, covered the mouth with a damp cloth and tipped it upside down quickly.

Elladan shifted uncomfortably.

"You know that it was not really steps, Glorfindel."

Glorfindel smiled slightly, and bent to clean the cuts on Elladan's knees with his cloth.

"I got into. . . ." Elladan broke off to yell. "That stings!"

Glorfindel reached up to touch the child's face.

"I know, but I have to clean out the dirt or you may get ill."

"Ada's lotion does not hurt that much." Elladan said accusingly, battling valiantly against the impending tears.

"I know." Glorfindel took Elladan's thin arm firmly in his large hand to hold it steady as he begun to clean up and bandage the cut. "But your Ada uses a special lotion for you because you are little, and we do not have any here."

"I do not like that." Elladan scowled towards the bottle. "It hurts worse than the cut."

"Mmm." Glorfindel finished the bandaging and looked at the child's face. Elladan had gone quite white, and his lips were pressed together so firmly that they had lost most of their colour. "Just a second."

He unfastened his mail shirt and pulled it off, then picked up the child for a proper cuddle. Elladan snuggled gratefully against the soft tunic and let Glorfindel hold him as the blond elf walked back to his own room.

Once they were inside Glorfindel hung the mail shirt over the back of a chair, and keeping one hand to hold Elladan, rapidly splashed water on his face and combed the tangles out of his hair. Elladan was silent for a while, then spoke sadly.

"Am I a nuisance, Glorfindel?"

"A nuisance? No." Glorfindel spoke through a screen of hair. "Why?"

"Well. If you had not been cleaning my cuts, what would you have been doing?" Elladan asked. "Now you are in a hurry."

"Ah. Yes." Glorfindel set Elladan down, and began braiding his hair. "Normally I would go down to the waterfall to wash, and change. But I can do that after this training."

Elladan frowned and muttered something while looking at the floor.

"Elladan." Glorfindel fastened the thin leather ties on his braids, and adjusted the belt of his sword. "If I had minded, then I would have found some excuse not to carry you. Now, what are you going to do now?"

Elladan shrugged, looking happier.

"If we send a message to your Ammë and Ada, and if you promised to sit very quietly through sword training, then we could go down to the archery ranges early and we could have a picnic down there."

"I can watch?" Elladan asked disbelievingly. None of his friends had ever been allowed to watch the Guard doing sword training, since the adult elves considered it dangerous to keep over-excitable little elflings close to exceedingly sharp blades being swung at great speeds. "Really, Glorfindel?"

"Of course." Glorfindel affirmed, putting on his gloves and guiding Elladan to the door with a hand on his shoulder. It could do no harm to spoil the child occasionally, especially as he seemed to have more need of it than Elrohir right now.

~*~

Elladan let another arrow fly, and smiled when it hit the centre. Glorfindel nodded approvingly, and watched the child's hands to check the grip and smoothness of release as he repeated the exercise.

"You are improving, certainly. But you have far to go." Glorfindel looked at the target again and frowned. "What are you learning in training?"

"We shoot at targets." Elladan sighed. "Today the training master moved my target further away."

"Well, that was nice. You must be getting better." Glorfindel said, then noticed that Elladan did not appear as enthusiastic as he might have about this new development. "Did that not please you?"

Elladan shrugged.

Perhaps Elrohir had reached the same milestone many weeks before, Glorfindel pondered. Maybe he should talk to Elrond to see how the younger twin was progressing.

"Do not worry Elladan, you will soon catch up with your brother. You shoot a little better each time I see you."

"Mmm." Elladan shrugged miserably. Even Glorfindel thought that his brother was better than him. "It was just that. . ."

He looked worriedly at Glorfindel, unsure about whether what he was about to say counted as telling tales.

"Just what?" Glorfindel asked patiently.

"Promise that you will not tell anyone?" Elladan asked seriously.

"I promise." Glorfindel repeated equally seriously, then smiled.

"I do not think that some of the other boys liked me so much because of it." Elladan bit his lip, then turned away afraid of what Glorfindel would think of him once he heard what he was going to say next. "They've begun calling me names, Glorfindel. And they whisper things that I can't hear, and they never be my partner any more."

Glorfindel paused, unsure of how to respond. Elladan seemed to think that it was the most shameful thing to happen to anyone, and while he knew it was just the small politics of little boys, it seemed so heartless to tell him that the others were just jealous and that they would grow tired of it in a few months.

"I do not like going to training any more, Glorfindel." Elladan scuffed his moccasin in the dirt.

"Well, you have to go to training." Glorfindel said uncertainly. "If you show that you do not care, then they will soon stop."

Elladan gave him a withering look. Grinning, Glorfindel grabbed him with an arm around the waist and drew him close for a cuddle.

"Well, would you rather be a good archer, or have lots of cheap friends?" Glorfindel gave the child a little shake. "And you tell me if you fall down any more steps, understand?"

~*~

Elrond and Celebrian looked up gladly from their books when Glorfindel and Elladan appeared on the terrace.

"Did you enjoy yourself?" Celebrian asked as Elladan hurried towards her and gave her a hug and began chattering excitedly.

"I hope that he was not too much trouble." Elrond said, peering closely at Elladan through the darkness. "What. . ."

"He fell down some steps." Glorfindel said firmly, mouthing afterwards, "I'll talk to you later."

"I saw proper soldiers fencing Ada!" Elladan piped up happily. "With really big swords!"

Glorfindel caught Elrond's eye and both grinned broadly, annoying Elladan greatly.

"What?"

They were saved from explanation by the sound of running footsteps, and Elrohir burst onto the terrace, followed at some distance by Celeborn.

"Elladan! Elladan!" Elrohir charged through his parents to get to his brother.

"Elrohir!" Elladan shouted with more happiness than he had shown for days. "I am so glad you are back."

The twins stood and stared at each other's faces in silence for a few moments, as if checking that each other were unchanged, then at the same moment smiled then spoke together.

"I missed you."

The adults turned to each other to share indulgent smiles, and when the turned back the to twins, they had slipped off, hand in hand, to some secret place where they could make their peace.

~*~

"Glor!" Elrond hurried after his friend as he began heading home. Celeborn had just arrived and he was talking to Celebrian. "I am sorry."

Glorfindel smiled and squeezed Elrond's arm.

"It is all right. I am sorry too."

"Whatever for?" Elrond demanded, looking hard at his friend, who was clearly laughing at him. "What did you do?"

"Me? Oh nothing, Peredhil!" Glorfindel's eyes sparkled with mischief. "Although it is possible that if I saw Curunír heading for your rose garden, I said nothing of it."





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List