About this site.......
This website contains stories that were written because
the authors have a deep love and respect for the world created by J.R.R.
Tolkien. Tolkien, in his letters (The Letters of JRR Tolkien,
Letter 131) spoke to his original (rather grandiose, in his own words)
attempt to create a world that 'would leave scope for other minds and
hands, wielding paint and music and drama', that he was creating a world,
a mythology, for other to come and add to. We take the cultures,
races, histories, geography and languages he created and weave in our
What kinds of stories are found on this site?
The goals of this site are:
- Fanfiction stories set in the universe of JRR Tolkien, with respect for his original work
- Rated G-R, non-slash
- Entertaining and well-written stories created by people who take pride in their work
We hope that our members will:
- Enjoy themselves. This is site where people who love reading and writing LOTR fan fiction can indulge their hobby and have fun
- Be good readers. If you read a story you like, send the writer a review.
One of the goals of this site is to encourage writers, and nothing is
more encouraging than a review from a reader.
- Aim to be entertaining writers. Tell a good tale that will amuse or stir or even teach your readers something.
Who may post their stories here?
Stories will not be judged on individual merit, but authors will be screened to ensure that growth is controlled and to ensure that authors will be posting stories that fit within our guidelines.
How do I become a member?
On the main menu, click on become a member. Fill out the basic information and you will receive an email confirming your login name and password. As a member, you will be able to receive author alerts whenever an author on your list updates a story or begins a new one. You will also be able to keep track of your reviews.
How do I become an author?
What are some benefits of being an author?
If you are not a member, please sign up as a member first. Review the guidelines to ensure your story is appropriate for the site. If you believe it is, please make sure you are signed up as a member and then follow the instructions on the submission form. Two existing members will review your work to ensure it is of the type that is appropriate for this site. You will be notified by email that you either have author privileges or that your work does not match the type normally posted at storiesofarda.com.
- Update and add new stories to the site
- Receive copies of all reviews by email
- Have alerts sent out to your readers when you update
- Maintain a list of favorite authors, favorite stories, and links
- You may link to your own site, other websites you enjoy, and any stories you have written that are not on this site (e.g. slash and/or NC-17).
Who will be screening authors?
A group of individuals who have volunteered their time to assist with the site will help screen new readers, review changes in guidelines and review stories for which complaints have been received. Any valid complaints against a story (such as plagiarism or inappropriate content) will be forwarded to the author and they will be asked to either edit their story or remove it from the site
Any general questions, suggestions or comments may be directed to Please report any bugs or problems to Nilmandra or to Rorrah at
This site has been programmed by Rorrah with the same dedication and concern for quality as the authors who post their stories here. Please be sure to leave her a 'review' too, if you like the site, at her email address.
Hugs to all,