Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Of An Evil  by Meldewen Ilce

They said that the Wise were beyond tears...

But yet on the day the Wise were called upon to lay to rest Frodo Baggins and his faithful friend Samwise Gamgee, tears were shed in abundance by all the inhabitants of Tol Eressëa...

None more so than by the Maia called Olórin, once known as Gandalf and Mithrandir during the long years that he wandered the birthlands of his beloved mortal friends. He was said to be one of the wisest of the wise, and as they all turned away from the freshly made graves, Olórin found himself feeling embarassed when Lady Galadriel’s eyes fell onto his tear streaked face.

He turned away from her, intending to escape into solitude as fast as his legs would carry him when she stopped him by placing a hand on his arm, saying, “I would remind you, Olórin, of something you once said to these dear ones we have laid to their rest today,”said the former Lady of Lothlórien, waiting until the former wizard looked at her, “You said, ‘I will not say “Do not weep”, for all tears are not of an evil.’ There is no shame in grieving, old friend.” Olórin nodded in gratitude, “Thank you, my Lady.”

+++
Christopher Reeve 1952 - 2004
Namarie, Superman, you will be missed...





        

        

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List