Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Starlight on Leaves  by Soledad

STARLIGHT ON LEAVES

by Soledad

Disclaimer: The characters, the context and the main plot belong to Professor Tolkien, whom I greatly admire. I’m only trying to fill in the gaps he so graciously left for us, fanfic writers, to have some fun.

Rating: given individually to each piece.

Archiving: my own website, Edhellond and Gildor’s Library. Everyone else, please, ask first.

FOREWORD

Starlight on Leaves is a series of drabbles about Oropher’s House. In my little corner of the Tolkienverse, Oropher is the son of Elmö (brother of Elwë and Olwë) and the elder brother of Galadhon, Celeborn’s father. He is also the King of the (hypothetical) First City of Elves, named Kortirion in my stories, which had supposedly stood on the Amon Lanc (Naked Hill) – the same place where much later Dol Guldur was built.

1: THE NAKED HILL

Rating: G

Summary: The First City is being destroyed by Morgoth’s Balrogs. Elmö says his farewells. 99 words.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

There was no escape anymore.

The once white walls, now blackened by the unholy heat of the fire demons, were crumbling down, the very hill under them lain bare to the naked rock. What had once glittered in starlight like a jewel, was now soiled with ash, soot and the blood of those who tried to defend it.

Elmö knew that no-one still here would ever make it out. At least Galion had escaped in time, taking the little princes with him to Doriath’s safety.

The King of the First City prepared himself for his last stand.





        

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List